New black HTC OEM Batteries? I have one...

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, i swapped in my hardware faulty Evo for a new one that works great and im happy with it.

But i got a mysterious replacement Evo in the mail today (I'm just gonna send it back) and i peeked inside and there was the usual goodies ; Usb cord, wall charger adapter, and....

A BLACK OEM HTC 1500mah Battery!

I dunno if new Evo's are shipping with them, or its just the replacements but i have now have a red and a black HTC branded battery for my evo.

I'm gonna see if its any better than the stock red ones and ill update you guys in a few days after putting it through the ringer.

Anyone else have one of these bad boys?

IMG_20101013_204743.jpg

Just to show I'm not BS'in I took both pictures wif my evo

IMG_20101013_213819.jpg

Last edited:

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I believe so. I had a friend that went from the HD2 to the Vibrant. I remember using his HD2 battery once for my Hero and it looked exactly like that. I could be wrong though. But maybe they figure they could save money by just using the same battery for multiple phones instead of doing the fancy red battery that nobody really sees anyway lol.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I believe so. I had a friend that went from the HD2 to the Vibrant. I remember using his HD2 battery once for my Hero and it looked exactly like that. I could be wrong though. But maybe they figure they could save money by just using the same battery for multiple phones instead of doing the fancy red battery that nobody really sees anyway lol.

I hope not lol.

I hope its a super doooper battery that will last me 2 days with heavy use hahah.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
They look exactly like the chinese batteries i bought off of ebay for 10 bucks. With the HTC inovation written on them as well

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

ManxMariner

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I posted on this about a month or so ago when my replacement came with a black battery. I kept both batteries when I returned my old EVO.

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Its the same battery that is in the Touch Pro 2 and the HTC Hero. same 1500 just different color. The battery was wrapped red so it went with the phones back housing. Sprint and Asurion have TONs of the older black ones, why would they buy more red ones just send with the Evo?

skife

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Its the same battery that is in the Touch Pro 2 and the HTC Hero. same 1500 just different color. The battery was wrapped red so it went with the phones back housing. Sprint and Asurion have TONs of the older black ones, why would they buy more red ones just send with the Evo?

x2, same battery for the Touch pro 2, hero, and EVO

HTC probably uses it in alot more than those.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I received the same thing when i got my replacement EVO. I called Sprint to ask if they were different, and after getting to someone in tech support, they told me the same thing. HTC made the batteries for the EVO in red to match the inside housing. They are, for all purposes, the same battery. I was having an issue with my EVO rebooting, and the battery would get quite warm, so I sent it back with the old phone. I did not want to use it in the new one.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I'm late to the party, but the black and red are the same. Red is just colored to match the internals. Confirmed by Sprint and Tessco (a third party accessories dealer).

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Not the same battery as the Hero. The Hero only had a 1350mah battery.. I WISH it came with a 1500. Would have helped me out plenty in the past lol