What kind of case are you getting for the fascinate

marshall lee

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
my defender came in the mail the other day. totally disappointed. it seems like a cheap, crappy version of the iphone defender cases. (ordered it directly from otterbox, so i know it isnt a knockoff) i, too, am having the same issues with the silicone overlay. if it wasnt for the belt clip, id send it back in a heartbeat. please let us know if the new case is any different. i might just have to ***** slap otterbox.

well here i sit with 2 fascinate defender cases, i recieved the replacement today, and the same issue. looks as i have a back up now or could give it to the wife but she really does'nt like the bulk of it or the fact she would have to dismantle to use in her car cradle. thinking i should of used my first pick of judgment and got a seidio innocase active X combo . if otterbox would of just made the hard case slot deeper ( where the silicone fits into) and the lip on the silicone longer, I think it would stay in place much better with out comming off. ( commence slapping) lol

JJRocker

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just got the Seidio Active X case today. So far I really like it. It comes off easily but provides a good deal of protection. I think it also actually makes the external hard buttons easier to press. It's a silicone wrap with a hard plastic exoskeleton (soft rubber textured). There are also fingerholds on both sides on the silicone wrap. I got the burgundy exoskeleton and it really looks good on the phone. I also got the combo version with the holster. There are other color choices as well. The silicone only comes in black, but you can choose black, burgundy, blue or amethyst (purple) for the exoskeleton. I paid $40 @ Amazon.

ChaoSki

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I got a standard Verizon Silicone cover, its nice. I like it, anything that protects if when I drop it (cause its just a matter of time)

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
OEM Body Glove Black Case For Samsung Fascinate i500 - eBay (item 200574522651 end time Mar-10-11 16:39:51 PST)

If the link is gone, do a search for something like OEM Body Glove Fascinate Kickstand

Here is the one I purchased. Do not be tempted to open the case and remove the phone from the area around the volume rocker. You will slowly overflex and damage the case at its thinnest point, causing it to break... I'm guessing, but I've already seen mine weaken because of this... which is all my fault.

That said, it's a solid case. The release button for it is at the bottom of the clip, so releasing it seems to be opposite of other similar clips. You press up, from the bottom. Maybe it allows the phone to stay in place more securely, or maybe you're not conflicting with the real estate to push a button to release your phone while you're actually releasing it. Nonetheless, it seems counterintuitive.

Solid
Light
Textured
and as lasted 2 months with my 1 year old, and has saved my phone numerous times.

You cannot charge your phone in a cradle if you have this case. Speaker and phone are completely unobstructed. Volume and power are slightly indented, so fat fingers may not play well with this case.

The kickstand is what sold me on this case. I can set the kickstand without having to hold the phone. It works best when the phone is vertical. When you do this horizontally, part of the belt clip can get in the way, but it still works.

SuD

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Interested in selling one of your defender cases?
well here i sit with 2 fascinate defender cases, i recieved the replacement today, and the same issue. looks as i have a back up now or could give it to the wife but she really does'nt like the bulk of it or the fact she would have to dismantle to use in her car cradle. thinking i should of used my first pick of judgment and got a seidio innocase active X combo . if otterbox would of just made the hard case slot deeper ( where the silicone fits into) and the lip on the silicone longer, I think it would stay in place much better with out comming off. ( commence slapping) lol

stilltipin87

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I was using a Verizon hard gel or hard silicone case...whatever material is is lol. But last week I ordered and got the Verizon OEM case/holster. After having a BB for a year I was very use to using the holster it came with. I like having my phone right there at my hip, rather than digging in my pocket for it.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Seidio Innocase II for my fascinate. I have the white fascinate so I bought the white case and I am glad that I did. Looks really awesome while not making the phone too bulky.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

squatch81

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I have an Otterbox commuter series and a Real Look screen protector. Both of these work very well for me, it has survived a few scary drops and been just fine. If you can get the Real Look on the right way it is an awesome screen protector- looks like nothing is there, covers everything, and has minimal drag.

alhull

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Ditto!

I bought this from the Verizon store:

fascasey.jpg

Love it.

This case is nearly perfect. I have the same one.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Which seems to be better for if the phone gets dropped: the silicone or the basic hard plastic? It seems like the hard plastic one might pop off on impact.

smhekma

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Your best bet is to check out Seidio Innocase Active X. It has both silicone and hard plastic and isn't bulky at all. Its really nice because it wraps the phone with silicone but then has hard plastic on the back (no sticking when putting it in your pocket) and hard plastic on the corners for double protection.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: eibbed0001

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a TPU case from Amazon (Smoke with Checkers)..$6, but $2 shipping...BUT they have the same ones on ebay with Free Shipping.. :(

For those who don't know what TPU is, it's like a plastic, elastic, transparent, oil resistant material...

That what I have and I like it except that after taking it off and on a fair amount it gets a little loose.

cfox10

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I use the Verizon Kickstand case, it doesn't offer the best protection but I really wanted the kickstand feature, love it.. except I have to take it off for car dock.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I use the Verizon Kickstand case, it doesn't offer the best protection but I really wanted the kickstand feature, love it.. except I have to take it off for car dock.

Do most cases work with docks or do you have to remove the case to put it in the dock?

I just bought a rubber hard case on ebay. I figured I'd try a few different kinds (at under $5 each why not?) and see which I like best.

cfox10

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Do most cases work with docks or do you have to remove the case to put it in the dock?

I just bought a rubber hard case on ebay. I figured I'd try a few different kinds (at under $5 each why not?) and see which I like best.

I'm pretty sure that no case (unless it's EXTREMELY thing) will work with the dock. Mind you, mine is a car dock, I can't say much for the desk one. The kickstand case is fairly thing, and it doesn't work. (it's only $10 from VZW)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non