One UI 6 is finally out for the Flip 3 in the U. S. 👍

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm on AT&T with a factory unlocked Flip 3, and just downloaded and installed One UI 6 and the December security patch OTA. It installed quickly and perfectly... no issues of any kind so far. It's noticeably quicker, smoother, and more fluid with the animations than One UI 5.1 was... it's behaving the same way as it does on our Pixels. Smooth as butta 😉

I like it 👍👍 I'm pleasantly surprised... I kinda expected Sammy to bloat it up and slow it down compared to the Pixel experience, but that ain't the case. Good on you Sammy 😎

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yep I'm going to run it till it quits... I'm curious to see how long I can get it to go My hunch is the battery will be the weakest link. That's what's taken my other phones out of daily driver action. Although I do expect to have to put another screen protector on it at some point
Any plans to upgrade like to the 5 ?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Any plans to upgrade like to the 5 ?
It depends on how well the 3 holds up... I'm a sucker for a sale lol, so if the 5's get cheap enough right before the 6's are released, who knows. Honestly I'm going to try and keep using it till the security updates stop, which is 2 more years.... so maybe a 6 on sale before the 7's are released?

I'm going for a record here 🎉🎊😜 last surviving Flip 3 in existence. Kinda like that million mile Honda Accord 😆

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It depends on how well the 3 holds up... I'm a sucker for a sale lol, so if the 5's get cheap enough right before the 6's are released, who knows. Honestly I'm going to try and keep using it till the security updates stop, which is 2 more years.... so maybe a 6 on sale before the 7's are released?

I'm going for a record here last surviving Flip 3 in existence. Kinda like that million mile Honda Accord
Hahaha.. sounds good my man

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
It's definitely a nice upgrade from One UI 5.1, kinda feels like my phone got a processor upgrade. That's the way a new OS should feel 😉

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana