Found another feature that ATT strips from all phones except iPhones so they can charge for theirs.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Note 3. Great phone, and ATT has some of the best service. However, unlike T mobile who has cheaper unlimited plans even compared to my grandfathered plans, the T-mobile plans are not throttled to 3g speeds after 5gb. That is the first strike against ATT for me. I have been a customer since before the first iphone was released. Loyalty unfortunately means nothing to large corporations like ATT. Now I get my first android. I had an iphone first. Then I got bored with it. So after 3 years with a 3g I got a WP. This was my first evidence that ATT was not customer friendly. The rest of my family had iphones and even with the brand new versions, visual voice mail worked fine. My brand new wp which also had the VVM ability was not able to have that feature. ATT had blocked it. So I dealt with it and downloaded some apps to work around their block. Now I get a brand new top of the line android device through ATT and I cannot get a basic feature of Samsungs to work. ATT blocks the find my mobile feature from Samsung. However, you are not completely screwed. ATT has instructions for you:
Locate your lost or stolen iPhone or iPad
You can track your iPhone or iPad using the Find my iPhone app.

Use a built-in feature to locate your device
Determine if your device has a built-in feature or app that will locate it via GPS by consulting the website of the device's manufacturer or operating system provider, for example Microsoft or Motorola.

Use a third-party app to locate your device
To locate your device using a third-party app that you have downloaded previously, the application must be installed and enabled before it can be used to locate your device. Please consult the third-party-application's website for further assistance.

Use FamilyMap to locate your device
If you subscribed to and enabled AT&T FamilyMap, visit the FamilyMap tracking site to locate the device.

Problem is I do not have an iphone. ATT has disabled the manufacturers built in feature. I can use a 3rd party app that also costs money, or I can subscribe to family map tracking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Found another feature that ATT strips from all phones except iphones so they can charge for thei

This does seem rather dumb. I think Verizon is almost as bad if not worse for things like this.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Found another feature that ATT strips from all phones except iphones so they can charge for thei

Enable Android device manager that way you can track your Android phone, lock it, make it ring, or wipe it. Regardless if you have a Samsung or another Android.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1389587309485.jpg
    1389587309485.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 1389587317751.jpg
    1389587317751.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 1389587324543.jpg
    1389587324543.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 76

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Verizon actually doesn't do this.... ALL Features of the phone work, plus they have there own apps as well, and the VERIZON APPS are not LOCKED onto the phone, you can uninstall them whenever you want...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Verizon actually doesn't do this.... ALL Features of the phone work, plus they have there own apps as well, and the VERIZON APPS are not LOCKED onto the phone, you can uninstall them whenever you want...

Yeah Verizon does.. All carriers throw bloat on and will sometimes disable things on phones so you use their products. The Note 3 is an example.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...does-not-have-blocking-mode-where-should.html

Google Search :

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ver...ile-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&espv=1&ie=UTF-8

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

No you are correct... I think how i meant to say it... Was that VERIZON doesn't really REPLACE certain apps... or MAKE it so that you can ONLY USE the verizon apps... I uninstalled all verizon apps and switched to the apps i liked all on my own no hesitation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress