How to survive on the $30 a month plan?

talltubatom

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
I've recently switched form a Verizon Unlimited data plan to the tmo $30 100 min/ 5 GB plan. Here is my issue, I didn't do enough research to realize that music ctreaming counts against the cap on this plan. I guess it is only the simple choice plans that don't count music streaming. I listen to a decent amount of music while at work and have already burned through 1.3 GB since Saturday (5 day). What should i do? I've started trying to cache music on spotify but that is only available with a premium account and one of the reason I made the switch to tmo was to reduce my monthly bills.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The only thing you can really do is either get a Spotify subscription and cache music or jump to a post paid 50 dollar plan (unlimited talk, text, and 1 GB of high speed data but music streaming won't count).

That is the only two ways that I can think of to reduce data usage. Otherwise you may want to contact Verizon to see if you can go back with your old plan... If you push they sometimes may give in.

talltubatom

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
I actually did an AoL on the old verizon plan. I think I may just try and get set up for the family plan for simple choice with my wife. 1GB is plenty of data if they don't include streaming music.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I actually did an AoL on the old verizon plan. I think I may just try and get set up for the family plan for simple choice with my wife. 1GB is plenty of data if they don't include streaming music.

Yeah as long as you get on the $50 postpaid you get the unlimited music streaming as well so you'd be good :).

johnjuan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have the tmo $30/100 min. 5G plan and stream Slacker radio which is not counted against 5G cap.

Posted via Android Central App

talltubatom

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
I have the tmo $30/100 min. 5G plan and stream Slacker radio which is not counted against 5G cap.

Posted via Android Central App

Where do you find what apps do/don't count against the cap? When I talked to a rep on the phone they told me only rhapsody was included in the streaming services not counted against cap.

talltubatom

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site

talltubatom

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Update:

I've been streaming my normal 4-6 hours of Spotify for the last few days over Tmo 4G and my data usage has barely budged. Thanks for helping me figure that out!