My Nexus 4 went for a swim today.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Lets just say I am ashamed that I put my phone in my swimsuit pocket then forgot it.

I am giving it the rice treatment but am resigned to needing a new phone. Don't make a lot of actual cell calls and use google voice by hangouts for many calls as I use the Walmart 5gb 100 minute plan.

Any suggestions on a replacement phone that is reasonably priced. Say in the $200 range. Looking at the Zenfone by Asus reviews seem good and at $200 price is in my range.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
The Zenfone probably has the best hardware at that price but the software is mediocre (especially in terms of the amount of bloatware on it). The Moto E has much weaker hardware but is $50 cheaper and comes with a much more "clean" installation of Android.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I was considering the Moto E but read that the lte version is not supported on Tmobile. Their is a US GSM model listed on Amazon but it doesn't say whether it works on 4G

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
The LTE version should work. It supports bands 2 and 4 for LTE which are the primary LTE bands for T-Mobile, it's just missing band 12 which is in limited areas at this point.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
The LTE version should work. It supports bands 2 and 4 for LTE which are the primary LTE bands for T-Mobile, it's just missing band 12 which is in limited areas at this point.

Yes but if you're in those areas its very much worth having band 12.

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, but I think the only option with Band 12 at that price range is the Galaxy Avant. It's decent competition for the Moto E but if you're alright with the heavy skin and bloatware on a low-end phone I'd probably go for the Zenfone 2 which is much higher spec'd for the same price.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

True but not many areas have it so there is greater chance of it not being a huge factor.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Ended up buying a Zenfone 2 seems okay so far. The dual sim helps as I can keep my Canadian sim in it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87