Straight talk - why can't I get signal on multiple phones?

A

AC Question

Straight talk - cant get signal on multiple phones

ive had straight talk for a couple years, and ive never had a problem switching phones.. until this week. i dropped and shattered my at&t s3, so i bought a at&t note 2. i get home, put my sim in, go through the set up and enter my apn settings and it has the 'no service' sign (the little circle with a line through it) so after multiple attempts to find a solution, i went and bought a at&t s4 the women let me try it out right there and then, it worked. she reset the phone to erase her stuff. i get home, go through the set up and enter my apn settings and the same thing happened on this phone!!! i have no idea what im doing wrong, i just cant figure it out. it has to be something im doing. ive tried multiple apn settings, ive tried my sim in other peoples phones and it works, try their sim in mine and nothing. now i have 2 phones that i cant figure this out for. someone please help!!! ive searched the internet for days to no avail!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Straight talk - cant get signal on multiple phones

It could be a few things.

There's no AT&T signal where you are.

The SIM port went on both phones.

Did the woman let you try the phone with your SIM or hers? If with hers, you didn't earn anything by doing that, you should have tried it with yours. (You get service without changing the APN.)

yomegann

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site

"Rukbat
It could be a few things.

There's no AT&T signal where you are.

The SIM port went on both phones.

Did the woman let you try the phone with your SIM or hers? If with hers, you didn't earn anything by doing that, you should have tried it with yours. (You get service without changing the APN.)"

ive had straight talk for 8 years the last couple being on at&t phones and networks and never had this problem before. the women did let me try my sim on her phone before hand, and i got service without changing the apn. i even let the phone sit for a good 5 minutes before saying okay id take it. on the note 2 ill get service for a few minutes, then no service for a while, then service for a few minutes again. im completely confused. i called straight talk this morning and they told me to get a new sim, so i did.. and still nothing. its driving me crazy. (ps.. this is my question, i just had to create an account to reply)

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Doesn't matter it has to be carrier unlocked if you rooted that s4 and put a new rom on it no problem but as it stands with at&t service they have to carrier unlock it you gotta go to an at&t store

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

yomegann

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site

the note 2 i bought is unlocked, the s4 i dont think is. but im having the same problem with both.

when i go into the phone info on the note 2 it says "mobile network type: unknown" idk if that helps any??

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Your going to have to manually set up your apn with an unlocked phone or root and flash a custom rom

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

And how old is that sim card?? If its not lte compatible that can be the issue as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez