My phone gets stuck every time I open an app for the first time

Noyowe

Sep 16, 2020
Visit site
When I open an app for the first time (only the first time I install it, once per new app), the normal procedure (when everything worked fine) was:

- I open the app
- A white windows pops up asking me if I want to let the run in the background
- The first one closes and a second window asks me if I want to disable the app notifications
- The window close and the app runs normally

I'm not sure when this started but now when I open a new app the first windows shows up correctly but the second appears with no text, only the OK and cancel buttons, and neither of them does anything, I can still interact with the background outside of the window, but not much more.

I tried touching everything but the only way I found around it just restarting my phone when I'm stuck at the second window. After that the app works fine even if I uninstall and reinstall it. However it is very inconvenient to have to do this for each new app.

I haven't routed my phone or anything, the only "outside of the normal" thing I've done is using f-droid a bit, but I'm not sure if its relevant. I have already tried uninstalling all the f-droid apps just in case.

Can I do something to solve this to not have to restart my phone? My phone model is Alcatel 1X 5059D and my android version is 8.1.0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olyria10