App Icon Badges only working on SOME, not all apps

TenaciousTins

May 1, 2016
Visit site
So here's a weird thing. My Dad has a new phone, Samsung Galaxy A21. Everything is going pretty well except that he doesn't get app icon badges on all the apps. He gets them on some but not all.

- He has gone into the individual settings of each app, and app icon badges are on.
- He has uninstalled and reinstalled the apps that didn't show badges
- He even did a full factory reset
- He checked the home screen settings and they are on there as well

Since some app badges are working and not others, I can assume the Samsung Experience is on, though I am having him check that for sure.

What's even weirder is that when he presses the 3 bars on the bottom to bring up the apps he has open, the app icons at the bottom show the badges...but when he brings it back to his home screen, they're not there. What in the world?

Any idea how to fix this? Pictures attached to show what I mean - notice the Viber (purple) icon - no badge on home screen, but badge on the other screen...

viber_image_2020-11-25_12-37-09.jpg
viber_image_2020-11-27_11-57-13.jpg

TenaciousTins

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Oh, so he is not using the right launcher? I don't know much about this myself and he definitely doesn't. Which is the launcher then? Is that Android Auto?

TenaciousTins

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your help and your patience. He reset to default, and restarted the phone. App badges still showing on the recently used apps page, but not on home...so confusing! But they'll show on Facebook and messenger just not all of the apps. Maybe just one of those weird things.

viber_image_2020-11-27_17-52-19.jpgviber_image_2020-11-27_17-52-18.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Try going settings >apps find Samsung launcher might be called Samsung experience or one UI depending your android version , tap it and go storage clear data and force stop.it

RHOFOX

Nov 9, 2021
Visit site
I searched high and low for a fix to my same problem not getting anyplace when I happened upon this thread. I followed your instructions and it worked like a charm! Thanks to this I am now getting my notifications without a glitch

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87