Connect Samsung Continuumm to Macbook Pro

falsedmitri

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to connect my Samsung Continuum Android phone to my Macbook pro via usb.
I have enabled USB debugging on the android.
I've also turned on mass storage on the phone in USB Settings

On the Mac, Network page, it lists;
Configuration: Default
Telephone Number:
Account Name:
Password:

I type in my phone # and my verizon wireless account name and password, but it will not connect.

The, looking here:
Android USB tethering on Mac OS X
I apparently need to fill some advanced options. So choose:
Vendor: Samsung
Model GPRS (GSM/3G)
APN: wap.verizon (This is just a guess, I don't know if this is correct)
CID: 1

Still no connection.
The phone icon appears at the top of the screen on the mac, when I select Connect Samsung Android, I get a "network connection" error.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to connect my Samsung Continuum Android phone to my Macbook pro via usb.
I have enabled USB debugging on the android.
I've also turned on mass storage on the phone in USB Settings

On the Mac, Network page, it lists;
Configuration: Default
Telephone Number:
Account Name:
Password:

I type in my phone # and my verizon wireless account name and password, but it will not connect.

The, looking here:
Android USB tethering on Mac OS X
I apparently need to fill some advanced options. So choose:
Vendor: Samsung
Model GPRS (GSM/3G)
APN: wap.verizon (This is just a guess, I don't know if this is correct)
CID: 1

Still no connection.
The phone icon appears at the top of the screen on the mac, when I select Connect Samsung Android, I get a "network connection" error.
What are you trying to do? When I connect my phone to my MacBook Air I select the disk drive option on the pull down screen. That creates a drive icon on my computer which then lets me double click on it and open it where I can look at files, transfer pictures and documents. I set up a file called spreadsheet and loaded with some files and when I started Quick Office the files were there. Just be sure to unmount the drive from your computer before unplugging the USB cord.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a tethering plan with Verizon? If not, you will need to be rooted and use an app to share the Internet connection. You might be able to use pda net to connect if your not rooted... Not sure if it works on non-rooted devices.

falsedmitri

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I do not have tethering. As I understand it, tethering is a wireless connection allowing the phone to act as a wireless router. I want to connect to the mac via usb, to both copy files from the phone to the mac and to test android apps I am creating.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
You don't need to enable USB debugging, just USB/mass storage by pulling down the notification bar. The SD card should appear on your desktop once you've done that.

Tethering isn't germane to this.