Help uploading video from Optimus S to laptop. I know NOTHING.

silveryjessica

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I recently got an Optimus S through Credo. I had a Samsung Vibrant--two of them, actually--which never seemed to work, although I barely had any applications on it.

I know nothing about technology. I don't know ANYTHING, ok, so when you offer me help, please be gentle and understand that I don't possess the vocabulary you do.

I took some video of my niece at camp on my phone. I wanted to simply upload it to my laptop, but this seems to be impossible. I don't understand how it can be this hard, when everyone in the world can do it, apparently, so I must be missing something. When I go to "share" the video, the only options I get that seem to be potentially viable are YouTube and email, since I don't want to post it on Facebook. It is too large to attach to an email, and when I go to upload it to YouTube, even though I am following the instructions, it doesn't upload. I have an email address to email it to YouTube, except--the file is too large to attach to an email!

I don't understand why I can't simply upload it from the camera to the computer. I just need to get the damn video to my sister! What is so complicated and why can't I figure this out?

Please help. Thanks!

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Help uploading video from Optimus S to laptop. I know NOTHIN

Plug the micro USB cable into your computer. Put the phone in USB mode and follow this file path sdcard/dcim/100MEDIA. In that folder u will find your videos