Please help. (MyTouch 4G)

maperkins210

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
My Mytouch 4G was acting up last night so I pulled the battery and now it won't turn back on. It gets to the beginning screen then just keeps restarting to that screen. I plugged it in cause maybe it needed to charge but that did nothing. I left battery out for awhile but that didn't help either. Please help.

jggonzalez

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm a newbie to Android, but I've heard there's a way to do a factory reset in situations like that. I think you try turning it on while holding the volume button down and it brings you to a menu with several options to recover. I've got a Sensation and had to do that. I had to reload everything, but I was able to recover. Its been about a month with no new problems. Try searching the MT4G forum for better instructions. Good luck!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Every phone has a slightly different method of "booting to recovery", however, they're pretty much using the same method.

1. Turn upir phone off
2. Holding the Vol +, turn phone on

After a second or so, you can release

You should be into the Recovery menu of your phone. From here, you can navigate using either the + - button, or the trackball (if you have).

In the Recovery/Restore, you should find the factory reset option (wipe phone). Note that this will typically wipe all contacts and such, and should place it as a newly purchased phone, but the sd card remains intact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty