Google Nav routing around traffic?

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
So, I plugged in my destination yesterday and started driving... to find that the red balloon below showed I would hit some very mean traffic. Part of the road was closed and I ended up in a standstill. I pressed the route info and selected alternate routes. I was actually able to take some side roads, go around the road closure part and get back on to the highway I needed.

Why didn't Google Nav automatically do that for me? I had to go into route info, choose to avoid highways, I drove on sideroads a bit and ended up removing the avoid highways option and got back on the highway after the traffic.

Is Google Nav selecting the shortest route based on traffic as well? It doesn't seem to be rerouting after it sees me sitting in traffic.

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I just don't think it works. I've made a post to google's forums but naturally haven't received any response. Other people seem to be having the issue as well where there's clearly a way around traffic, probably several but google will actually try to put you back into the traffic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87