Multitasking

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
It is there just not as visually. Depending on what phone you have, you can hold down the home key and it will bring up your most recent six apps.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
That's one thing I did miss about my Palm Pre was the multi-tasking cards. Still don't regret switching to the Droid though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
But can you do a long press on the home button on your Droid and pull up your open applications? THen isn't it just a matter of choosing the app you were wanting to switch to? I'm truly asking because I have the Pre now and am getting the Evo on the 4th.

discdoc

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have a review on how Android (specifically HTC) handles multitasking? I'm familiar with Palm Pre's multitasking and I'm wondering how Android compares. Thanks!

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Most apps will show an icon of some sort in the notification tray while they are running. You just slide this open and click on what you want and it goes to the app. Holding the home button only shows the 6 most recently used apps not the currently running ones.

I have the HTC Droid incredible and love it. Hope this helps

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The multitasking interface on the Pre is nice. Hopefully Android will do something similar with the UI.

its unlikely. It would do away with the entire current setup of home screens with widgets, folders, shortcuts, etc. Plus could you imagine how long it would take to roll out by the carriers? Just look had how long 2.1 has taken to roll out to many phones released in the past months.

I prefer Android's system. I usually only find myself using 2 or 3 apps at the same time so being able to quickly switch between a couple dozen isnt a big deal for me personally.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty