Anyone Remember Palm OS?

Windroid 2483

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
Palm OS (1996-2009) was the Android of its day, and my first introduction to mobile operating systems. Palm OS computers were small handheld computers, like modern-day smartphones. But unlike modern smartphones, they couldn't make phone calls. I recently got my old Palm OS computer working, and and I could see the resemblance between Palm OS and Android. It has a homescrean with apps, a calendar, a web browser, etc.

What about you folks? Is anyone here old enough to remember Palm OS? What are your thoughts on, and memories of, Palm?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh man, good times! I had one of the earlier generation PalmPilots (I think back when it was still USRobotics). I loved it! The perfect companion on the hospital wards. I still remember practicing the handwriting gestures in that Giraffe game.

I later switched over to a Dell Axim X51v (running Windows Mobile). It was fancier, had color, and was generally more powerful, but lacked the charm of the PalmPilot ...

Reactions: Laura Knotek

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I remember the Palm OS. Had a Palm Pilot back in the day. Might have been the III. I know my wife had the IIIc with the backlit color screen. That was our first taste of using a PDA. Things expanded when we got our first BlackBerry phones several years later.

Reactions: Laura Knotek