Ainol Novo 7 Paladin touch-screen stop after using live wallpaper

ALporpoise

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
This is for ALL ainol novo paladin users:

After purchasing it via amazon, i had a great time with my new tab, however, after downloading a new live wallpaper, and letting my tab sit idle, the touch screen became completely unresponsive, meanwhile everything else was fine.

PLEASE HELP ASAP: Only been used for 2 hours. :':)'(

ALporpoise

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ainol Novo 7 Paladin touch-screen stop after using live wallp

*EDIT The touchscreen is dead and unresponsive, but the darn thing still works, with the menu buttons and volume, and the particles of live wallpaper in background work, and the g-sensor for turning still works... ANY HELP CAN BE APPRECIATED :'(

bastijnb

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

This is for ALL ainol novo paladin users:

After purchasing it via amazon, i had a great time with my new tab, however, after downloading a new live wallpaper, and letting my tab sit idle, the touch screen became completely unresponsive, meanwhile everything else was fine.

PLEASE HELP ASAP: Only been used for 2 hours. :':)'(

I have exactly the same problem however I used a Life wallpaper which was already in the tablet.:'( so no downloaded one which possibly is not for android 4.0

ALporpoise

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

i used the one with color dots, its not a hardware problem its summin wrong with the screen.

siminko

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

Same problem guys, spoke with panda will and they told me to send it back but the postage to china won't be cheap so maybe it doesn't worth it. They keep telling me to reset and flash as often is a software issue, did upgrade downgrade but nothing, I've opened the tablet and removed the touch screen then put it back in but still same issue.
Anyone has been able to fix it?

ALporpoise

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

UPDATE:

IT IS A HARDWARE PROBLEM NOT SOFTWARE:

After upgrading 4.03, *everything turned chinese and new wallpaper and everything* nothing changed, the pad still does not work, if you want the link to the 4.03 update, here u go: update.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Directions:

Get an SD card, atleast 2 gb
Format to FAT32
RENAME THE UPDATE TO update.zip
Insert SD into tablet *TABLET HAS TO BE SHUT OFF
Turn on
Hold down volume + and wait for little repair android robot screen to show up

IF YOU CANT SHUT IT DOWN:

press the reset button, as soon as u see little android robot, press volume +, it will initiate firmware process and update it.

siminko

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

Will you send it back to China? Ainol doesnt even have an email address where we can have info..

siminko

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

Thanks AL but still not working, as you said it might really be an hardware problem,
I have checked online and i have found a screen for 36 dollar shipping included so I was tempted as i have already opened the tablet and its quite easy.
Send the tablet back with dhl will cost me 45 ? so it doesnt really worth it.
What did you do with yours?
Thanks for the reply

Simone

philipskd

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site

Hi
My touch screen also stopped working after a couple of days. The last one to use was my son and he said he was playing spiderman. I picked it after an hour and the touch screen would not work. I flashed reflashed but same problem. I want to let the battery dieso that everything in flash memory erases and retry it. Any other ideas

siminko

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

I've tried already philip, battery completely off recharged went to 4.0.3 back to the original fully recharged battery but no difference I've un mounted the touch screen but inside everything seems ok.

ALporpoise

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

Its a tough break, Id buy another screen but now im in the process of shipping it to china.

apostat

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

Same problem with the touch screen. It worked for just one day.
I have upgrated to Android 4.0.3 without any success. The tablet starts normally, all buttons work, but the touch screen doen not respond.
I am affraid this is a hardware problem, otherwise it would work fine after the upgrade of the firmware.

siminko

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

We starting to be a big community with the same problem, we should have an answer from ainol. Anyone knows the email? I'm trying to contact the webmaster

DroidOfEvil

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site

Hi, I had the same problem, after a two weeks very light use. Touchscreen is dead, tried to reset, to discharge completely battery, I didn't try to upgrade firmware as I read here some people tried it, but anything changed. If we organize to contact together Ainol maybe they would answer to us...

Graz66

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site

I have the same problem with loss of touch functionality. I've done the 4.0.3 upgrade, and applied the custom ROM created by pinkflozd (google search it)...but I still run into the touch loss issue.

But I have found a semi-reliable way to restore it that I can share here...
If I remove my SD card and reset the device, touch will usually work upon reboot. I can then re-insert the SD card and things are generally ok.

But if I leave the device unattended for several hours, the touch function will randomly be lost again...it's very inconsistent.

I agree with others that I don't think this is a HW issue. The fact that I can get touch function restored via this workaround seems to support that theory. The fact that removing the SD card and rebooting can usually regain touch functionality works (at least for me) may indicate that this is somehow a memory allocation problem...but I'm by no means an expert.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me can take this info & run with it... Barring this, I fear my Paladin is destined to never be used on a regular basis...it's not a reliable device, and I think Ainol's firmware development (or lack thereof) is to blame for the problems. You get what you pay for I guess.

siminko

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

I'm using tha tablet with a mouse after I bought an USB to mini adapter, such a shame because I quite enjoy using the paladin , anyway I order a new screen from Ownta, is just 14? but I really don't know how will it be. Anyway I'll keep u updated guys

rmachadosilva

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

I had the same problem. Did not install or changed anything, just connected to wi-fi, inserted an TF card and recharged it after full battery drain. After that the touch screen is dead. In this Ainol link here support they include a firmware for Novo 7 Basic 4.0.1. Someone have tried that ? Where did you find the Papadin firmware ? However nothing seems to solve the problem, so I will ask the refund for the eBay seller. Ainol = ANAL = SHIIIIT !

rmachadosilva

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

Grazz66, I've also tried to install 4.0.3 with no success. Also reset and reboot the tablet without the SDcard and still didn't work. For me the touch screen is dead with 4.0.3 in chinese on the screen. If even with the ROM still does not work I think there is no way to solve this !

Siminko, where is the new firmware ?