Ainol Novo 7 Paladin touch-screen stop after using live wallpaper

rmachadosilva

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ainol Novo 7 Paladin touch-screen stop after using live wallp

I have not installed the ROM yet, nor Clockworkmod. If I install them can I remove later ? Because I will try to return the tablet to the seller if nothing works, so I have to send it with 4.0.1 like it came to me.

siminko

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

Rmachadosilva The firmware id officially on The ainol website , downloaded an after ages of download installed but still the same problem. I'm still using a mouse with the USB adapter. As soon as I receive the new screen i will let you know I will fix the problem.

vengefulbudha

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Don't waste your money on the replacement touchscreen as I did. The replacement touchscreen only comes with the lcd screen. It didn't come with the digitizer which is the actual touchscreen portion of the device. Mine came today after three weeks and is useless without the digitizer.

After finding this forum and reading everyone elses posts I am convinced that this is a software problem anyway.

mv45

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

Same frustrating touchscreen issue for me. It looks indeed as a software problem.
I tried to search the chinese forums witn no results. Has anybody got an email contact for ainol after sale service ? Thks anyway for your help.

vengefulbudha

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

It looks like the device is useable with a mouse. That kind of defeats the whole purpose of a portable device, but I wonder if it is worthwile from a troubleshooting standpoint.

rmachadosilva

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

Graz66, please, what ROM have you installed ? The 0.7 ? Have you tried this ? Thanks !

siminko

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

Thanks vengefulbudha but I ordered it already :( yes I'm using it in with the mouse and is not too bad as I bought a mini mouse wireless of course is not what a tablet is meant to be.
Anyway I went through all settings but didn't find a way to fix it.
Try to contact ainol as well but no answer.
Were you able to download the new update they posted on the website? I downloaded the update.zip but not the 2. Gb something as its too slow. Anyone did?

rmachadosilva

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

Nobody could make this think work ? I have tried many things :

- Drain all battery;
- Install 4.0.3 from Tabletrepublic forum;
- Install official 4.0.3 AINOL firmaware.

Nothing seems to work, still no touch. And nobody from Tabletrepublic wants to help, seems they are the owners of AINOL (ANAL) !

siminko

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys i've got good and Bad news.. I've order The screen at ownta an when i charged it The touch was working unfortunately when i remote The screen from The LCD I've ruined it. So if you do it be very careful as its very delicate. Anyway it was around 30 $ and as soon that I've switched the tablet on I could hear the clicks while touching the screen. They have the LCD for the same money but I don't wanna spend any more money for this tablet. Hope this will help you

ALporpoise

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

After much working, i seem to have gotten a replacement for my tablet.

Well, I think i might've fixed the problem. Touchscreens don't just die so quickly, the basic idea is that using the new wallpaper+sleep mode resets something INSIDE the system which stops the ability of it to register touch. This can be fixed by turning on the tablet, pressing +, and setting a factory reset, this should enable touch.

Either that, or another problem: the touchscreen works, but it thinks that 2 fingers are touching it already, so any other touches will not be registered. This problem is due to either poor build quality or damages during shipping, this happens to my tablet temporarily and is a major pain in the behind when i'm watching a video.

Also, if anyone happens to fix their tablet, and decides to get a new browser rather than the stock (which I highly prefer) please, acknowledge that it will NOT work with flash. However, if you download the MagicCode APK file, turn it on, and go and download the following apk, you will have a version of flash to play movies with high reliability, but very glitchy controls.

MAGIC CODE---------------http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1411879 (download the last file that says) MagicCode_ainol_v1.42.apk - [Click for QR Code]

FLASH---------------------> AdF.ly - shrink your URLs and get paid!

AdelaideTablets

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

I assume most of you have tried this, but I had a similar problem, Tablet worked fine for day then one day the touch screen just stopped responding. Menu button worked and everything else seemed fine.

After a lot of fiddling around with no result, I simply inserted a pin into the reset hole on the left hand side of the tablet and after reboot the screen started working again.

I presume you may have tired this, but as it worked for me I thought I would mention it as it may help some of you who have not actually tried the most basic solution as I did not for quite some time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel