FirstClass sync w/ Droid (Verizon)

Vitabis

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
At first, it acts a bit funny--- after the first sync, leave it for a few hours-- don't force a refresh. It settles itself down. I have had 0 problems with touchdown. K-9 mail on the other hand has been giving me issues as i am only seeing mail from a week ago! Gotta love firstclass!

can you say that to my boss? :p

rsmith

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a MTG3 and our district uses First Class. In trying to get my calendar on my phone I came across your post. I bought Touchdown and got it to Active Sync enabled on the phone, but so far have been unable to get the calendar to migrate over to the phone. Do you have any insights? I went into preferences and fiddled with the handheld devices and the android appears to be there.

Knottyc

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Soooo do you think I am going to have an issue accessing my mail on the newest Droid? The School District I work for uses FC Mail Client and I noticed the many posts about viewing but I am not sure if I understand if anyone was able to do so. I am anxiously awaiting the in-store release for the Incredible this Thursday.

Thanks for any info. you might send my way.

swagner

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Soooo do you think I am going to have an issue accessing my mail on the newest Droid? The School District I work for uses FC Mail Client and I noticed the many posts about viewing but I am not sure if I understand if anyone was able to do so. I am anxiously awaiting the in-store release for the Incredible this Thursday.

Thanks for any info. you might send my way.

Mail in FirstClass depends on how your administrator has set up the Firstclass server. I use IMAP for mail. Mail in FirstClass is NOT through activesync. It can do IMAP or POP depending on the server settings. Touchdown will not handle the mail, just calendar and contacts from FirstClass.

In order to do calendar and contacts, the FirstClass server must have FCSS (First Class Sync Services) running. This is the activesync server. it may have a different address than the mail server.

dancingcrab

Feb 16, 2010
www.dancingcrabspeaks.blogspot.com
Mail in FirstClass depends on how your administrator has set up the Firstclass server. I use IMAP for mail. Mail in FirstClass is NOT through activesync. It can do IMAP or POP depending on the server settings. Touchdown will not handle the mail, just calendar and contacts from FirstClass.

In order to do calendar and contacts, the FirstClass server must have FCSS (First Class Sync Services) running. This is the activesync server. it may have a different address than the mail server.

My school uses FC. The network admin told me the server IP (FQDN doesn't work) and port. However, when I try it on my Droid, it tells me that either my username or password is incorrect. What gives?

I have tried both IMAP and POP. Think it's IMAP though.

melbs

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone get this to fully work on a Verizon Droid firmware 2.1?

I installed the app and apparently connected to our server but its not syncing. I'm not able to initialize activesync.

I know that people in our district are able to connect with blackberrys and iphones, so the sync on the server sides seems to be on.

Any ideas?

melbs

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded TouchDown and got the calendar and contacts syncing for Droid OS 2.2.1

A few questions:

Like another user mentioned -

1. Is there a way to not delete all calendar events and sync them again? It takes a long time.

2. Should I disable the "Push" option? What exactly does this do? I'm getting emails saying it's enabled and it will drain my battery.

3. Any news on getting the email to work?

Thanks!

Big Z

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I too am interested. My wife teaches and uses firstclass. She get's frustrated that I can check my Outlook email, and she can't check her work. I wish FC would just come out w/ their app already. I read on another site where they had posted a response from someone at FC stating that it would be available early in the new year. :-/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non