Someone with Hotmail please help :(

puddin78

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I am a newbie to Android so please forgive me if this has been covered.

I have a Hotmail account and I downloaded the Hotmail app and set up my email. However, when I delete an email on the phone I would like it NOT to delete on the server. I have tried looking everywhere for this setting ("Never delete from server") on both the app and on the server itself with no luck. I noticed the native email app has this setting but I prefer to use the hotmail app. I have also tried K-9, and while I really like the UI it has not been reliable in delivering my hotmail (gmail gets delivered right away).

Is there anybody who can tell me how to find the proper setting? Or is there not a setting like this yet?

I have a SGS2(HD LTE) running gingerbread.

Thanks in advance for any help

Edit: I have also tried looking for answers on the Windows Live Help Center with no luck.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If the Hotmail app does not have the setting - you might have to use the standard email app. Look in any section that says Advanced.

Strange that it does not have it. Seems like a basic feature. I tried to look in the app but it would not let me get past the initial setup without a live.com email address.

Reactions: puddin78

puddin78

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I also found it odd that this setting would not be on the app. I still haven't been able to find it so for now I am using the native email client. I left a comment about this is my review at the app store and hopefully someone sees it lol.

chiasmata

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone find a solution? I am new to Android too and little issues like this are pretty much slowly making me rethink my decision to move away from the truly "it just works" iPhone

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you delete an email on your phone, wouldn't you want it to delete from web?

No Not at all. I like to keep my phone with just info I need right then . I have Windows live that I can move the emails around in on my PC but even that doesn't delete from server until I say so.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Delete the Hotmail account, then set it up again, but instead of choosing "Hotmail" from the type of account to set up, choose the "POP3/Other" option. This should fix it, but you won't get push emails (it'll check every 5 minutes instead...or longer if you choose, but I think 5 minutes is the minimum time it'll check).

NOTE: I do not know how/if the recent changes from Hotmail.com to Outlook.com that's occurred the last couple of days will affect anything.

Personally, I would think you'd want things to stay in sync. I'd be annoyed if they didn't. That's the whole point of keeping your life in sync (moving from PC to phone to iPad/tablet and having things be the same experience on one platform vs another). I'd be all like "WTF?!?! I gotta delete it in two places?!?!" :)

EDIT: I just realized we're replying to posts from May.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo