Motorola Atrix wont charge

Babylo0ove

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone! I'm really hopeing someone ANYONE can help me. I currently have an Motorola Atrix and it wont charge. The battery shows completely dead. When I plug the phone either into the USB or the wall charger, the led light will turn green and the phone powers on and is completely functional. However, it does not show that it's taking a charge (w/ either usb or wall). Once the plug is removed the phone will shut off and wont turn back on until I plug it back in. I've tried several chargers, stock and non-stock and they work on other phones with no problem. I bought a new battery and it worked for about an hour (guessing it was already charged) plugged it in (both usb and wall) will not show a charge. Now, it's back to the same thing. Battery is completely dead and it will only work when it's plugged in. Also, when I plug it in by usb the computer does recognize it. BIG thanks to whoever can help!! Thanks Sheri!!!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried using a universal charger to charge the battery? If some part of the charging mechanism on your phone is broken, this would be a work around.

Amazon.com: Universal Battery Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

If some part of the charging mechanism is broken, and, you are under warranty or have insurance, you might want to contact your carrier and see if you can score a new phone.

Also, when you had the new battery working, did you have it plugged in at all? If so, did it show that it was charging? If not, at least you know it's probably hardware.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Lol. No problem. :D Don't forget to hit the Thanks button. :p

But, yea, they are quite handy. I have one myself. I bought it because the charging port on my last phone broke. But, now it's handy because I have several additional batteries for my phone. I don't have to swap to charge them. Mine is slightly different, but, I would assume that one works. Read reviews or search around a bit more. The one I have was maybe, six bucks, but, it had an LCD display on it that indicated charging and finished charging, and, the prongs folded up for easier storage. You can probably find one like that on Amazon too. Might be worth it to spend a couple of extra bucks when it's already dirt cheap.