New computer, which way to go.

MrTomRichy

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I am an avid Android user and developer and I love everything Google. I have never really liked iPhones (for my own use, they are fantastic) and so have never had one. I would like a new computer for Uni as I got my grades today and managed to get in (doing computer science), and I am wondering if a Macbook Pro is the way to go.

My problem however, is that I feel I would not be able to make full use of the Macbook as I don't use any iOS devices. I have a Nexus S and a Nexus 7 and I could never replace them with iPads and iPhones. I love Macbook Pro's but I don't want to feel I'm losing functionality by not having 'the full set'.

For the record, I would also be putting Ubuntu on the Macbook if I got one.

Any advice on Macbook and Android compatibility and whether you think its worth it will be helpful :)

Thanks

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on getting in. I have a MacBook and I love it. I don't feel the need to own any other apple products. It works great with my Motorola Photon, so Android compatibility is not a problem. I use iTunes, but not for transferring music or movies. I just drag and drop the files. The only downside I see is if u like to root and flash a lot of roms, its just a little harder on a Mac, but can be done. I say go for it. Macs are very good computers, they just work, and work good for a long time. Ive had mine for over 2 years, and it still works just as good as the day I got it. I could never say that about any windows laptop I owned. Good luck with school and ur decision.

Reactions: MrTomRichy

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Do all the Mac apps support their Google counterparts? Like Calendar, Reminders and Contacts?

Yes, it syncs great with my Google accounts. I was never an Apple guy, but since I've had this MacBook I'm more and more sold on their products. I doubt I'll ever own an iphone, but maybe an ipad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non