Can I get some input on which phone to get?

captainbarred

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Ive been running Android devices for a while now and love the freedom and options.

My HTC Aria has run great for 2 years, but I'm eligible for upgrades and want something much better.

I'm a bit of a video nut, every movie I buy on dvd/bluray I rip and store on my portable Hard drive so I don't need to carry a pile of disks but a single drive along with my laptop.

I'd really like to put a good selection of my fav movies/shows on the phone.

I'd also like something that can run Netflix streaming with ease.

I play a few games but not a lot.

The phones I am looking at are the following:
(I have AT&T)
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy 2 Skyrocket

I know all can do the netflix, video, games, music I want, but each has pros/cons.

The HTC one X's lack of changeable battery scares me as batteries lose charge over time. I bought a new bat for my Aria after about a year. Additionally, no Micro SD card is a bummer. I'd like to get a card with just music and another with just video so I could swap them out depending on what I am in the mood for.

The S3.... OK, I really only have one complaint on the S3, its pricey. $200 is a lot. I'm a cheap bastard :p

Then the S2 Skyrocket, the complaint there is that its a 8+month old phone already. I'm gunna have it for 2 years I figure, do I really wanna buy tech thats already so old? I know its still powerful, but everything increases in speed/power so fast and apps increase in size/requirements so fast....

So what say the experts? Pony up to the S3? Will I be happy with the S2 Skyrocket or left behind? Or are my battery and storage fears unfounded for the One X?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
HTC one X... removable battery wont be a problem.... look at iphone!!!!

I have a year old Nexus phone and my battery is still great.. get about 2-3 days.

enjamin

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Honestly from a former sales rep,
I would go with the s3 because it is the most up to date and runs very smooth. I don't like the idea of a non-removable batt either or the no sd support,
Check around town I used to work for best buy and we had all kinds of little deals here and there for people to get their phones cheaper, or the bby credit card
And then there is amazon you could get it on their store card
If cheap is what your looking for I would keep an eye on bby they may have a nice sale in oct nov to boost sales before black friday
Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

captainbarred

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
HTC one X... removable battery wont be a problem.... look at iphone!!!!

I have a year old Nexus phone and my battery is still great.. get about 2-3 days.

Thats true. As I understand it, intigrated batteries last longer. I just worry cause I replaced my Aria battery after about 8 months and again its down to about 18-19 hours worth of charge so I have to plug it in every night.

That being said, its such a slow processor, I use it for phone and texting, maybe some music streaming but never movies, and rarely games(the two big battery drainers) and it still won't last 24 hours.

captainbarred

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Honestly from a former sales rep,
I would go with the s3 because it is the most up to date and runs very smooth. I don't like the idea of a non-removable batt either or the no sd support,
Check around town I used to work for best buy and we had all kinds of little deals here and there for people to get their phones cheaper, or the bby credit card
And then there is amazon you could get it on their store card
If cheap is what your looking for I would keep an eye on bby they may have a nice sale in oct nov to boost sales before black friday
Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

I did see Amazon has dropped the price another $20 already, down to $180. I have a BB CC, but I think it is expired.

Ive had the Amazon card before but that was years ago... Maybe I'll apply again and see if I get the free credit. Worth a shot.....

I read an article that Samsung is going to be releasing a S3 in black with 64 gig internal memory before years end(rumor is by black friday to get christmas sales). Possibly make the price of the others go down, or they may just charge more for it as it has so much more internal memory.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87