Question Older Android game controls not matching size of Input

DR3WLER

Feb 8, 2024
Visit site
Hey, I'm trying to get an older Android game working on Android 13. It's minimum SDK version is set to Android 4.0/4.0.01/4.0.2 Ice cream sanwich and the target SDK version is set to Android 4.2/4.2.2 Jelly Bean. It's a really strange issue, so I'll try my best to explain. The game runs just fine, but the controls are being displayed smaller than where my touch input is being registered. For example, trying to use the joystick by normally dragging directly on it does not work, it only inputs as if the joystick was much bigger than it's really showing, and it's registering the input if my input it far left from where the joystick is really being shown. Lets say theres a button in the bottom right coner, it doesn't work if I press on where its showing it, but if i press in the middle of the screen (where the button it not) then the app recognizes it as if I was pressing the button, almost as it the games displaying a smaller resolution than the buttons I'm interacting with.

Has anybody ever heard of a problem like this?

Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the game's assets are of a fixed resolution under the controls? Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do when it comes to games (or apps for that matter) that old other than emulate them on a lower Android version or trying to run them in a modified resolution (if your phone allows that), Safe Mode, or window mode.

If your phone supports floating Windows, what happens if you run it like that? Do the controls resize? Or do they show the same and the control area 'moves'?

Reactions: DR3WLER

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter