SIMILARITIES Between iPhone and Android?

JudicialFury

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Can someone be awesome enough to help me?

I'm writing a compare and contrast essay on iPhone and Android products, but I'm having some trouble finding the similarities. I've Google-ed the crap out of this subject, and Google (for whatever reason) thinks the word "similarity" means "difference." I found two small articles that slightly hint at some similarities, but nothing that gives me the capability to draw a full-on conclusion and write the other half of my essay. Since I've only owned an iPhone (Yes, I'm evil), I thought that maybe you guys could help me out a bit.

Thanks!

-Dave

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Can someone be awesome enough to help me?

I'm writing a compare and contrast essay on iPhone and Android products, but I'm having some trouble finding the similarities. I've Google-ed the crap out of this subject, and Google (for whatever reason) thinks the word "similarity" means "difference." I found two small articles that slightly hint at some similarities, but nothing that gives me the capability to draw a full-on conclusion and write the other half of my essay. Since I've only owned an iPhone (Yes, I'm evil), I thought that maybe you guys could help me out a bit.

Thanks!

-Dave

Similar in the general sense of a modern smartphone with the familiar UI of swiping, a virtual keyboard, and icons. But completely different because Apple doesn't license their OS and makes their own phone. Thus creating a very tightly controlled development industry. So apple is like......here's our phone but you only get to do things OUR way. One OS, one system, one phone. And of course iTunes and the entire ecosytem.

Android. Soooooo Many different phones, HUGELY customizable and a friendly development community. phone makers with different UIs on top of the google plain OS. But also similar in that Google has an awesome cloud also, thus Android having an ecosystem also. Just not as pretty polished and neat as apple.

Goolduck.

sent from my DInc4g using AC forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I dont know about similarities but i know the difference!! Android is awesome and iOS is crap hehe :) :-$

joke aside. Android and iOS are entirely different OS. you really cant find a lot of similarities that are specific to the OS.

and you shouldnt be counting features as similarities. tbh, I cant think of one.