wmckinney

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone please help me root my samsung dart phone? I have downloaded and ran all kinds, and can't seem to get any of them to work. Superoneclick wol't open up on my computer, and z4root on my phone just sits there hour after hour. I know I'm getting too old for this teck, but I sure would like to have this thing rooted. Thanks for all you're help. You can e-mail me at wmckinney7@tampbay.rr.com if you can help.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You say the Super One Click won't open...

Have you temporarily disabled all anti virus/malware scanners? Most One Click Roots use an exploit to root the device and this exploit comes up on your computer from within the One Click program as a virus or something bad and it stops it from running and in some cases even quarantines and removes the One Click Root app all together depending on your settings.

Try disabling all virus apps, etc and downloading and running the One Click Root app again.

wmckinney

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
O.k.. Thank you for the advice. I uninstalled my virus progam ran z4root and got a lot further. It jusf went back to my apps screen. Does that mean my phone has been rooted? How can I be sure?

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
O.k.. Thank you for the advice. I uninstalled my virus progam ran z4root and got a lot further. It jusf went back to my apps screen. Does that mean my phone has been rooted? How can I be sure?

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Android Central Forums
I have never worked with this device but I figured from what you were describing that anti virus apps on your computer were involved.

Have you tried running the super one click again? Don't worry about what I said with the virus stuff, they aren't viruses it's just that is what your virus apps sees these rooting applications as so it protects itself.

To tell if your rooted goto the Google play store and download titanium backup. Install it and run it... it should prompt you shortly after starting for root access. Otherwise if you aren't rooted it will give you a message about your device not having root.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums