pink spot in the corner, spread to whole phone and now screen is dark

mgsgamer

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
i have a japanese phone (i live in Japan ATM) it is the Softbank Arrows A, full specs can be found here - 101F Specs, Reviews, & Latest News | Fujitsu | The Verge

so, i was using a screen light, it was very bright, to see because the power went out on my ship.

i noticed a small pink dot in the upper left corner, and slowly it started spreading to the rest of the phone, and where it started pink was now blue and black, i factory reset it thinking and hoping that it was just a bug, but no dice, it was still there.

so i thought maybe the screen was doing that because it was on, i removed the battery and kept the phone in a cool area, about 68 degrees.

today i checked it to see if by some act of GOD, it was fixed and still just a bug. Again, no dice, now the whole screen is very dark, i can barely see and what i can see looks like a burned image of whatever screen the display was showing last time i used it. no matter if i used bright light, or total darkness or changed the brightness settings did it improve viewing quality.

i wish i could post a photo, but the only thing i have for that is my phone and im using a government computer so i dont have a webcam or anything, and i can not plug anything into the PC to put a photo up anyways.

i hope the description is detailed enough for some help.

Thanks

Sincerely,

Mike:'(

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Mike sorry to hear about your dilemma. Based on your description it doesn't sound like a software issue to me. That points to hardware of course so I think your AMOLED screen is fracked and you will need a replacement screen or new phone. That sucks for you because you're on a ship so you'll have to wait to get back to the island to get this sorted out. Oh and I wouldn't use that screen light app again!

BakedS3

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

im having this same issue, but with my Galaxy s3 it has spread into 3/4's of the phone and the bottom half is not visible. i can barely make out any of the words on the bottom because it is just white. I got this phone brand new as a replacement from Asurion but i am not sure if they will replace it for free or i have to pay again.

i wish someone knew what the problem was

Last edited:

paula111

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue with my s3. Its brand new and they only replace it if i bring it back within the first week i got it. Its day 8 tomorrow :(
From then in it goes into repairs. I need my phone though and i live in South Africa it takes forever for them to get anything done here.
Any suggestions?
And what did you do with your phone BakedS3?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty