Any apps/method to make it easier to move apps from one phone to another?

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Recently, I had some technical problem with my phone and the AT&T customer device support center person deleted everything on the phone and reset it to factory condition. It was such a pain to get all the apps/homescreens etc. to be set-up exactly as it was before.

It seems that my problem may not be fully solved and I might be getting a replacement device (same model) - is there an app/method to make it easier to get all the apps installed and the home-screens/wallpapers etc. set-up the way I had while moving to another device (identical one)?

Thanks,
Osho

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If all the apps were from Play, you can log into Play on a PC and browse through the Apps associated with the account and push them to your phone that way, it's definitely faster. Every app you push will install in the background on your phone. And, if you have a custom launcher, you can have it backup the way the launcher is setup, icons, etc.

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If all the apps were from Play, you can log into Play on a PC and browse through the Apps associated with the account and push them to your phone that way, it's definitely faster. Every app you push will install in the background on your phone. And, if you have a custom launcher, you can have it backup the way the launcher is setup, icons, etc.

That's what I did - but it is certainly not as efficient as I would like as

1. I also have apps installed from Amazon Appstore. I have to install them one at a time.
2. I have to redo all of the widgets.
3. I still have to arrange all the icons as I like on the 7 home screens. This is very painful.
4. I have to open and set-up (login etc.) all the apps that I like such as Pandora, Tapatalk etc. None of them remember any of their internal settings.

I wish there was an easier way to move to a new phone.

Thanks,
Osho

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, yea, you have to reinstall all Amazon apps, one at a time. I dunno that there will ever be a way to do what you did with Play with Amazon, as, it's not integrated with your phone like Play is.

If you have a custom launcher, it should fix numbers two and three for you. You can backup your settings with a launcher.

Well, for security reasons, I don't know that passwords would ever be backed up either.

I might not sure about things like Titanium backup, but, it might do some of what you are looking for. But, I think you need to be rooted to use some of Titanium's features.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Nandroid backup on the first phone. Copy the backup to the second phone. Restore on the second phone.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, in the future that'll work. Assuming that the backup doesn't bring the problem with it, lol. I don't think in this case it would, but, ya never know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty