Anyone know how to unroot a Samsung Galaxy Stellar?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I got a Galaxy Stellar a couple of weeks ago... and I decided to root the phone this week. No ROMs, no unlocks, just a simple root. I should have probably done some backups of some sort, but as this was my first smartphone and sometimes I get caught up in the tinkering aspect without thinking things through. But... I rooted the phone using the Root Debug FS kit. Judging by the looks of things, the debugfs file it used was based on the Galaxy S3. Rooting the phone went perfect, no issues and apps that need root access get it without issue, but I realized AFTER the fact that I don't know how to back it out. I did some searching and it seems that unrooting the thing might be a bit more involved that rooting, even if its possible considering how new the phone is.

The build on the phone is VRALH2.

I don't have issues now, but if a OTA update bombs or I have to RTM the thing and not worry about them throwing it back in my face with a voided warranty... How would I go about backing it out and what are the ramifications of doing so (do I lose my config? Apps?)

Before this, my only experience with messing with a phone was hacking an old Razr ages ago, so I'm cutting my teeth here.

BiRONIC

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
What procedure/tool did you use to root your Stellar?
I'm using one as a temp while my POS Bionic is being replaced (once again), and I've tried two tools and neither work for me yet.

I found a root method/script that also has an unroot feature. If you still need something, I'll give you the link.