Problems w/ Links2SD - Internal Memory Still Full!

nutmeg07

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

So I'm having some trouble freeing up space on my phone.

I have an Optimus V, and have the Harmonia 2 ROM. I downloaded Links2SD and partitioned my SD card (18GB) through the clockwork mod recovery. But when I partitioned that way, I kept getting a script mount error with Link2SD.

So I tried instead to partition the SD card through my computer. I used disk utility since I have a mac, and chose to do 2 partitions, once called Primary1, the other Primay2 (as per instructions elsewhere), and made them both FAT. (I'm assuming this is FAT32, which is what everyone seems to say you should do. Disk Utility just said FAT)

I opened Links2SD, and choose FAT32. I then get the message "Mount Script created, please restart your phone...", so I do. When I download apps from the market, I can move them to the SD card with Links2SD. But when I check in phone storage, moving the app to the SD card get me some space, but still takes up a fair chunk on the internal memory. I only have 140MB on internal, so with just a dozen apps, I have no space!

What really confuses me is that when I first got this phone, I had it set up so I could have 40, 50 apps, no space problems at all. Sadly that was a while ago - I had to wipe and do some stuff to my phone since then. No clue how I did it, but I think Links2SD acted differently then.

Can anyone help me out? I've read many forums about this, but I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. Are my partitions not setup right?

Thanks thanks thanks for the help!

Ken T

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
im having a similar issue. my apps add up to about 300mb but my memory ( app allocated area) says 890mb of 1.02gb
i can't figure whats using that memory. im on gengerbread 2.3.6 if that helps.

dragorth

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Are you tapping on move to SD, or Create Link? Move to SD is the same thing your phone could already do, and keeps part of the apk file, as well as all the libraries and dalvik cache, on the Internal card.

Create link moves those files, allowing you to select the ones you want to select, and then creates a link to their new location. This is the behavior most use it for.

Niskar Stha

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I have Colors X factor Bold Gen X (X65) based on mt6577 running (ICS 4.0.4) but i don't know what ROM i have got. I downloaded Links2SD and partitioned my SD card (8GB) primary 6.3MB and ext2 1.5MB with mini partition tool. It worked excellent. It was running smoothly and fine. But when i switch off the phone and switch it on then message appeared " your phone memory is full uninstall some apps". i tried to cancel this message but it appeared continuously. there was only 0.98MB free on Internal storage. then i again switch off and switch it on then my phone stucked on welcome screen.
I removed sd card and switch it on again but same things happen... stucks on welcome screen.... i tried to reboot by holding switch key and vol down key but this process also didn't worked.
SomeBody please help me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87