Text Messages disappearing

boymom05

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this has already been asked. I started using an app that came pre-installed called At&t messages a couple days ago. I found I did not like it so I deleted and canceled the service. Since then my contacts have gone completely crazy. The names are being switched and merged with others along with phone numbers, they are being put with contacts that they do not belong too.I deleted all my contacts to start over and my phone would add them again on its own. I think I fixed that by going online and deleting and re-adding all my contacts on Att address book website. However now my text messages are disappearing. I will be texting someone and the whole conversation will just disappear and only the last couple of recent texts will show. What is going on? How do I fix this? Thank you!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You don't keep your contacts synced to Google?

Can you clear cache on contacts?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

boymom05

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
You don't keep your contacts synced to Google?

Can you clear cache on contacts?

No I do not sync contacts with Google, I actually do not know how to do that. I have them synced with att address book where I can go online and add or delete or edit them. I thought I had the contacts problem solved but today I noticed the numbers are getting mixed up again.

How do I clear cache???? Thank you!

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Text Messages disappearing

No I do not sync contacts with Google, I actually do not know how to do that. I have them synced with att address book where I can go online and add or delete or edit them. I thought I had the contacts problem solved but today I noticed the numbers are getting mixed up again.

How do I clear cache???? Thank you!

You should have in synchronisation options in setting. Try to disable current sync service there, rebuild your contacts somehow and then you can sync it with google if you want. You might also have some conflicting syncing there, check if you have only one of such services turned on.

I dont think clearing cache will help in anything (do contacts cache anything to begin with?) and clearing data will only clear contacts... but who know it might work, your contacts are mess anyway right?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they do, but I didn't want to suggest clearing data just yet.

To have your contacts save to Google, go into Contacts and then Settings. You can set it in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirradical