Samsung Galaxy S3 Problems....

Dan Verona

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I got this GS3 (My first Android) I've been having one annoying problem after another. (Verizon)

TouchWiz home is driving me nutz after the update. I originally set up my homescreen to have just 4 pages, and nicely organized all the apps/widgets I wanted in those pages. Then upon pocketing the phone without screen-locking it one day it accidentally added 3 more pages to itself. Now I have a 7 screen homepage with 3 blank pages - thats a lot of BS to scroll through when I don't want too. Simple fix, delete the extra pages right?? NO. TouchWiz won't let me! Everytime I try to delete the pages TouchWiz crashes.

This drove me insane for awhile until I realized there were other apps to manage this stuff so I then Installed Apex and tried to set up my homescreen with that. This was annoying and my new settings and organization theme reset a few times with Apex sending me basically in circles, and now all of a sudden I can no longer connect my phone to the PC with a USB cable anymore. No more transferring videos/pictures to the pc with a cable -.-

I literally hate this phone right now. It gets worse everyday, How do I fix/diagnose these issues?

I still have a sloppy POS homescreen that is not at all the way I want it, TouchWiz refuses to function at all, The music widget that I liked a lot for awhile, somehow converted from 4x2 to 4x1 and you can tell its like, cut-off and not displaying what its supposed too anymore. The bottom section of the widget where it would display tracks for you to scroll through just dissapeared somehow. And I now I can't get my videos/pictures off the thing to my computer. Which is something I used to do almost everyday because I take tons of pics/videos with the phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
First off, I would suggest another launcher. I really like Nova, it's free on Play. I myself tried Apex, I can't remember if I liked it or not, but try another launcher. As for connecting to a PC, try downloading the drivers for the galaxy s3. I don't have any links, but you can do a search on this forum and easily find them. You can possibly go to Samsung's site to see if there are downloads for drivers. One thing to check and make sure, go into Settings>scroll all the way down to Developer Options> half way down you should see USB Debugging. Make sure that is unchecked. When it is for whatever reason (I have no idea why) the device and PC don't get along. Try that and reconnect.

priscillapresley

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I have replaced my smashed samsung galaxy screen with a new one but when I turned the phone back on the screen was black?? Anyone know what I might have done wrong

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Priscilla, your question has nothing to do with this thread, and is unlikely to get much attention. I would suggest starting a new thread in the Galaxy S3 forum. But I suspect either something isn't reconnected properly, or one of the connectors got damaged in the remove and replace process.

Dan, I see it's been a month, so I don't know if you're still looking for help. There is a Galaxy S3 forum on the site where your post would get much more attention. If you're still looking for help, I'd suggest starting a new thread there and I, and others, will be happy to try to address your issues.

Tracy Doremus

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Updated my s3 and now I can't send any pics. I'm on boost which is sprint keeps saying converting to multimedia then the circle just spins...need some help I can get pics

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring the phone into a Sprint store and ask them to check your APN. Then try sending a really small picture - like a thumbnail. If that works, any future problem could be that the picture is too large. (The maximum size is determined by Boost/Sprint, not by your phone.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87