Windows 95 x86 Emulator Help

RedChampion

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi forums! First of all, this is my first post so sorry if it's in the wrong spot!
Now, down to business.
I found on the app store an emulator for x86 operating systems called Windows, Linux, Unix Emulator. I loaded up my Windows 95 IMG file and when it boots in libSDL it appears to be running on bochs. My question here is if anyone has any experience with this emulator/libSDL/bochs and could help me transfer a file onto the Windows 95 virtual system. I am looking to run a .exe file in the virtual Windows environment.
Also, if anyone has any suggestions on another emulator or operating system or even application that would be capable of my needs for running a .exe file on my Nexus 7 tablet, please feel free to post!
Thanks in advance!
-RedChampion

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Thats emulator rule to do that, i bet it uses virtual hard drive so your emulator is only one to do that, so if you don't see anything in options like that it might simply don't have such feature. You might try reading emulator manual.

If emulator support networking you might try to use SMB or even put setup FTP server on your desktop and use IE to download it (which i think will be easier way as old SMB might be incompatible with newer systems on your desktop).

RedChampion

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Right, I mean that I haven't tried to do any transfers yet and I was planning to do it over networking if possible. I also did not read over my post and I put that I have the keyboard. It is actually coming in the mail and should arrive Monday. I should also say that it is a RPG Maker game that I was working on and wanted to use it on my tablet but you are probably right about the emulator using a virtual hard drive. I will look into it more myself, but thanks for the reply!
-RedChampion

RedChampion

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Thats emulator rule to do that, i bet it uses virtual hard drive so your emulator is only one to do that, so if you don't see anything in options like that it might simply don't have such feature. You might try reading emulator manual.

If emulator support networking you might try to use SMB or even put setup FTP server on your desktop and use IE to download it (which i think will be easier way as old SMB might be incompatible with newer systems on your desktop).
Wait, I think I replied wrong so I'm gonna do this again.
Here is what I said.

Right, I mean that I haven't tried to do any transfers yet and I was planning to do it over networking if possible. I also did not read over my post and I put that I have the keyboard. It is actually coming in the mail and should arrive Monday. I should also say that it is a RPG Maker game that I was working on and wanted to use it on my tablet but you are probably right about the emulator using a virtual hard drive. I will look into it more myself, but thanks for the reply!
-RedChampion

RedChampion

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Keyboard might work, depends from where emulator gets input. As for RPG Maker, you sure it will work on 95?
I'm pretty sure it will work because I'm not running the whole engine, just the game in .exe format. In the engine's system requirements it said it needed 98 or higher but I think thats just the engine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty