Why are apps necessary on tablets???...

Trotters80

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I can understand why apps are necessary on smartphones as the screens are smaller, BUT, why are apps talked about so much for tablets?. If you have a 10inch screen or larger, isnt it just as easy to view a webpage than use an app?.

Thanks,

Martin.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I can understand why apps are necessary on smartphones as the screens are smaller, BUT, why are apps talked about so much for tablets?. If you have a 10inch screen or larger, isnt it just as easy to view a webpage than use an app?.

Thanks,

Martin.

I think it's because the app is an even more trimmed down version of the website, making the tablet browse it a little better. However, the specs for say the Note series or the Galaxy Tab are good enough to view through a browser as well.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
What a strange quastion..... for same reasons why Chrome OS is niche, websites won't let you do everything, they are limited to what browser let you to do, Java is way faster then JavaScript and websites are not so reproductive as applications due to nature of HTTP. Using just websites would limit possibilities, i personally prefere using applications over browser

Also smartphone small screen does not excuse smartphone fr not using websites and HTML can be formulated for there size, in fact some applications are not really 100% but masked browsers displaying websites.