Need a phone with vanilla Android ASAP!

DazedConfused

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I run a website, and have never had a smart phone, but I have discover over the last few days that I need one. Really need one - and fast!

However, I would like it to run vanilla Android. I tried a Samsung tablet, and hate the way that they've ruined a perfectly good operating system compared to my Nexus 7. Plus it has the advantage of having the latest versions of Chrome, so I can see how my website loads with it, for example.

Is it the Nexus 4 or nothing? It's quite large, and rather expensive. I'd happily have a 3.5 or 4 inch screen, and ideally pay a bit less. Are there any other choices out there?

If not I might even go with a Windows phone! :-[

Thanks!

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I run a website, and have never had a smart phone, but I have discover over the last few days that I need one. Really need one - and fast!

However, I would like it to run vanilla Android. I tried a Samsung tablet, and hate the way that they've ruined a perfectly good operating system compared to my Nexus 7. Plus it has the advantage of having the latest versions of Chrome, so I can see how my website loads with it, for example.

Is it the Nexus 4 or nothing? It's quite large, and rather expensive. I'd happily have a 3.5 or 4 inch screen, and ideally pay a bit less. Are there any other choices out there?

If not I might even go with a Windows phone! :-[

Thanks!
You could go for the nexus s albeit it has weaker specs but it's pretty small.

mrfeuss

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
There is a company called Blu Products that has said that they are going to start releasing its products with vanilla android. Archos have also recently announced a Platinum line of phones running vanilla android. That said, I'm not sure what the availability of either company's products are in any particular country.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but is that still getting the latest Android versions from Google?

Are there really no other vanilla phones?

Your best bet is the nexus 4, great specs, it's fast screen is great and its really not that big at all IMO...it's a google phone it's almost guaranteed to get all the new software and its cheap off contract and completely unlocked