Anyone having location problem on their HTC One?

nimac1

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I have sorted out my problem with the location unavailable by opening up Play Store Version 4.1.10, leave it open for 5 minutes then Re-boot the One X from that page.

groovepeppy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I live in indonesia, this error happened to me for more than 3 months.
It shows my home right, Bandung, but my location is Republic of Indonesia.
I can cope with this if it was the other way around, i mean my home location is Republic of Indonesia and my location is Bandung.
Well Bandung is in Indonesia, not Indonesia is in Bandung.
Wouldn't it be very funky if England is in London right?
Other weather app shows right location, well i dont know who to blame, HTC and Google should be responsible for this :(
Happy to find this thread, already done everything describe here with no good results, so envy with others who succeed :(

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I live in indonesia, this error happened to me for more than 3 months.
It shows my home right, Bandung, but my location is Republic of Indonesia.
I can cope with this if it was the other way around, i mean my home location is Republic of Indonesia and my location is Bandung.
Well Bandung is in Indonesia, not Indonesia is in Bandung.
Wouldn't it be very funky if England is in London right?
Other weather app shows right location, well i dont know who to blame, HTC and Google should be responsible for this :(
Happy to find this thread, already done everything describe here with no good results, so envy with others who succeed :(
I believe there was an update released to address this problem. Check the phone for software updates.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

groovepeppy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I believe there was an update released to address this problem. Check the phone for software updates.
It says i have the payday updates.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Tried several Sense ROMs from the stock until the most tweaked one and all of them behave the same :-(

Leo Harry

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Bro, loe uninstall dulu update google search dulu trus loe change language di settingan jd English (UK), trus install update lg google searchnya. Punya gua jg sdh bisa... Good luck

groovepeppy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Udah dicoba bro, Republic of Indonesia-nya berubah jadi Current Location tapi :(

edit: thank's a lot @leo harry, my location is finally working again, I always set English UK, change to English US I get "Current Location", I change to English Algeria and VOILA :D

one more fix method to solve this problem that you guys should try, uninstall Google Search, change your phone language, reinstall Google Search, hot reboot and check your location in the app/widget

thank you Leo Harry :D

2nd edit: no need to uninstall & reinstall Google Search, just plain language change will do

Last edited:

lechan29

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Ahoy!

I too have the same problem with Current Location. It is within the last month and I don't know how. I've checked a lot of forums discussed this problem and wondered if I need to reboot/factory reset blah blah blah... I am not really into hi-tech so it's better to not do anything like reset/factory... and thanks to Groove, I tried re select the language (From English US to English Vietnamese), finally it works. Here I thought my Google location has problems, ha ha ha

Thank Groove again!

Tylor Graves

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm on HTC one x my location and navigation often change to a location that can be up to literally 4000 miles or more from my current location. it will change randomly and somethimes in europe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty