Water Spots on screan!

omairnisar

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
so i got an HTC One X and first thing i bout for it was an invisible shield screen protector, so applied the screen protector and after letting it dry i turned my phone on and it seemed to go well but when i go on a white page i can see black streaks and on the bottom there is a big blue strip which i believe is water. The phone however works perfectly fine and i cant see the spots unless im on a white page but it is pretty bad so i was wondering what should i do to get rid of the streaks?

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
so i got an HTC One X and first thing i bout for it was an invisible shield screen protector, so applied the screen protector and after letting it dry i turned my phone on and it seemed to go well but when i go on a white page i can see black streaks and on the bottom there is a big blue strip which i believe is water. The phone however works perfectly fine and i cant see the spots unless im on a white page but it is pretty bad so i was wondering what should i do to get rid of the streaks?
If you do in fact have water spots on the screen then all you can do is replace the LCD. The streaking and water spots(they look like bright white dots normally) is caused by water or other liquid getting in between the backlight layers of the LCD. To fix the issue you have to replace the LCD.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Do you still have the screen protector on? It could be moisture from installing the screen protector (I think it's applied with a spray). I had something similar on my Hero which I believed to be moisture, air, or just the way it appeared when applied to the screen.

If you still have the screen protector on take it off and find out. You'll have to get a new one as it can't be reapplied, or may be difficult.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non