Lost Nexus 7, security concern

wateveriam

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello I have recently left my Nexus 7 in France before i move out of the country for good.

As it would be very difficult for me to go to France to pick it up myself, and I have no way to contact the place where I left the tablet, I am not thinking of retrieving it. Rather, my biggest concern now is that my gmails, facebook, google play account are all linked to it. Besides changing passwords of gmail and facebook immedieately what else can you suggest to maximise security?

Thanks for good intentions.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello I have recently left my Nexus 7 in France before i move out of the country for good.

As it would be very difficult for me to go to France to pick it up myself, and I have no way to contact the place where I left the tablet, I am not thinking of retrieving it. Rather, my biggest concern now is that my gmails, facebook, google play account are all linked to it. Besides changing passwords of gmail and facebook immedieately what else can you suggest to maximise security?

Thanks for good intentions.

Unfortunately changing passwords are your best bet. You can go to the Play Store via a PC or desktop mode in a browser and click the "settings" tab on this page: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../play.google.com/store/account&token=JubfXsmW and unlink the device from your play store account as well, but if you don't have access to the tablet and have not previously installed any remote disabling software, remotely installed software won't run without someone opening the app in order to help you out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty