Nova Prime Launcher will not remain as default after reboot

Oseidel

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Jellybean 4.2.1. I am also running Nova Launcher V2.1.1. Every time I re-boot the phone I get prompted to select the default "Launcher" or "Nova". Selecting "always" has no effect on subsequent re-boots. I have also tried numerous apps to set the default launcher without success and tried clearing the defaults for the "stock" launcher. Does anyoine know if there is a manual way to correct this problem by manipulating the releavent files on the phone?
This problem only started once I installed the 4.2.1 OTA update.

Thanks,

Oliver

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Jellybean 4.2.1. I am also running Nova Launcher V2.1.1. Every time I re-boot the phone I get prompted to select the default "Launcher" or "Nova". Selecting "always" has no effect on subsequent re-boots. I have also tried numerous apps to set the default launcher without success and tried clearing the defaults for the "stock" launcher. Does anyoine know if there is a manual way to correct this problem by manipulating the releavent files on the phone?
This problem only started once I installed the 4.2.1 OTA update.

Thanks,

Oliver

The only way I can think of is of you are rooted you can use Titanium Backup to freeze the stock launcher.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
You don't say what apps you've tried to resolve the problem but have you tried Default App Manager?

It's not an app I would generally recommend as it doesn't always seem to work with some categories on its (rather limited) listings. There is the option to default your launcher, though, so maybe worth a shot if you haven't already tried it.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You don't say what apps you've tried to resolve the problem but have you tried Default App Manager?

It's not an app I would generally recommend as it doesn't always seem to work with some categories on its (rather limited) listings. There is the option to default your launcher, though, so maybe worth a shot if you haven't already tried it.

Go into your application menu -> all applications and then click on the stock launcher. Press clear defaults, then press your home button/key. A dialog box should come up to select your home launcher. Choose nova and press set default.

If the problem persist after reboot, you may have to disable the stock launcher if you can.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez