Can't Keep Nova set as default launcher

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Am I doing something wrong? I used the default Pixel launcher for awhile, just to give it a fair shake. But I like Nova Prime too much, so today I installed it, but I can't get the 4a to keep it set as default. I'm not sure if its something with gestures maybe? But whenever I swipe up to go home or to get app switcher, I get Pixel launcher. If I go into settings, the default launcher button has been cleared and I have to re-select Nova.

Normally I'm pretty tech-savvy on these things, but for the life of me cannot figure this out. It wasn't doing this when I ran MS Launcher last week for a test drive. So I'm not sure what the deal is. Any suggestions welcome

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Weird. I'd done a couple already, but third time seems to be the charm. Will report back if it starts acting up again. Thanks
Yeah strange , I remember having this issue on beta android 10 with the new Google gestures, see what happens.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Weird. I'd done a couple already, but third time seems to be the charm. Will report back if it starts acting up again. Thanks
It's happening with different devices running Android 11, like the Pixels or OnePlus 8 series (still in beta). That's the usual fix, set Nova as default, reboot and repeat the process 3 or 4 times until it finally sticks. No idea why it's happening, very strange bug.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
It's happening with different devices running Android 11, like the Pixels or OnePlus 8 series (still in beta). That's the usual fix, set Nova as default, reboot and repeat the process 3 or 4 times until it finally sticks. No idea why it's happening, very strange bug.

Oh good...glad to know it isn't just me :D

garyll

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Easy fix--go into Accessibility settings, at the top turn "Use Nova Launcher" to on. I had the same issue with my new Pixel 5 and it fixed it.