Change default save location for pinned music on Google All Access

chowder007

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to change the default storage location from the internal storage to the external 32 gb card google has now decided to make useless?

To be clear, im not talking about music I have purchased but music I am RENTING in all access.

Currently on a note2 verizon.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
No. It says right on their support page you can't: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/3139564?hl=en. It's right in the middle of the page:

Capture.PNG

I am not entirely sure of the reason, but I would hazard a guess that they are concerned about you then taking the SD card and being able to get it to other devices (in other words, DRM, which makes some kindof sense).

dsartain7

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend who accomplished this by editing the Linux boot file it uses to mount drives. This can make android think the external card is the "internal one." I don't know enough about it to give any details, but it is something you could research if you really wanted to do this (probably requires root). It would mean that everything normally on the internal storage is now external, which could slow your device some, but he reported it only was noticeable during reboot as it took a bit longer. I've been told the file to edit is at /system/etc/vold.fstab. I chose to move other things to my external card and keep the internal one free for gmusic, but thought I'd share the idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa