KIES FIRMWARE UPDATE PROBLEM [Samsung Galaxy Ace 2]

AcousticBison

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys

Hoping you can help me out with a problem I'm having with updating my phone.

The jelly bean firmware update came out recently in the UK and I have been trying to update my phone using Samsung Kies.
I have done a factory reset on my phone, and I have also tried with the external sd card removed.

When I connect it, it tells me there is an available firmware update. I click update. It downloads the firmware update completely then just freezes......

Please HELP!

Thanks

Bison

Jamie Chipper

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I also am trying to upgrade the firmware on my galaxy ace 2, and I'm getting that same problem
i have the latest version of kies installed. It gets to 100% complete on the first download box, and then the box disappears and just shows the Kies home screen slightly faded, as if the box is still there, and it just crashes.

Jamie Chipper

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Never mind, I found the program on start menu, right clicked it and chose "Run as administrator" and tried to upgrade the firmware, and it worked this time. I highly recommend trying that out to anyone else that had the same problems.

ChilliK

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just joined after having problems with this upgrade as well. Like others, everytime it got to the 100% downloaded to computer stage it just sat there like a wet week end ! Tried all the various hints I could find, including Jaimie's solution above, that weren't too computer savvy without success. Then I read to remove Kies and its drivers and reinstall direct from Samsung site and NOT to follow the automatic update to Kies presented at the end.
By chance I did this on the laptop (All previous attempts had been on the desktop pc) All that happened was the phone would not connect to Kies ! In an 'ah bugger it !' frame of mind I allowed the update to Kies to go ahead and had one last go at the firmware update. You guessed it ! It reached the usual downloaded 100% stage then proceeded to download from the laptop to the phone and after quite a bit off fiddling about resetting things all is now well.
Not logical maybe, but since when are computers logical :) So when all else fails and you have the option of an alternative computer, give it a go !

Nil desperandum

Mike