Cubot connectivity update

robonandroid

Nov 16, 2023
Visit site
Hi - I posted the below (precis) a little time ago regarding wifi connectivity problems.

.........Recently purchased a Cubot Mini3 ...... calls in my house are really unreliable - crystal clear for one call - cutting out on the next....... (lebara wifi confirmed activated) tried airplane mode (switching) .... APN to 'lebara web' ....(etc etc)

...So to update; I returned the Cubot - the seller ('Cubot UK') simply apologised for the inconvenience (I was expecting some tips or help) though made a refund asap no issue. Looking for a compact phone that didn't have too many concerning bad reviews led me to a now ageing Samsung J3 (2017). This machine (android 9) has a faultless connection to my wifi ..... I'm staggered the much more current machine appears to be at fault.

Is this likely a fault with the particular device or the firmware in general - potentially affecting all Cubot devices with the same structure....!?

robonandroid

Nov 16, 2023
Visit site
What is Lebara WiFi? Is this an old 2.4 GHz router? Perhaps the newer phone works better on WiFi 5 or WiFi 6.
Lebara is my phone company who use the Vodafone network. my router is a 3 year old Plusnet one - Plusnet are a subsidiary of BT and I understand the router is a BT smart hub 2 which runs both 2.4 and 5 G. It selects the best channel and all devices are stuck with that. Maybe herein lies the issue ?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Lebara is my phone company who use the Vodafone network. my router is a 3 year old Plusnet one - Plusnet are a subsidiary of BT and I understand the router is a BT smart hub 2 which runs both 2.4 and 5 G. It selects the best channel and all devices are stuck with that. Maybe herein lies the issue ?
That could indeed be the problem. How many other devices are on your network? Network congestion could also be a problem. Have you considered buying your own router rather than renting it from your ISP?

Reactions: mustang7757

robonandroid

Nov 16, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for the tip off - i'm good for the moment and for the future may consider a 2nd hand iPhone - I know they work through my WiFi too - the network is generally servicing only 1 device with a couple of others on standby, so not congested.