Does anyone know of a way of completely disabling the physical volume up/volume down buttons (specifically on an SG Mega 6.3)? I never, ever use them, other than to put the volume backup having accidentally depressed volume down! If there's any kind of app or tweak that will disable them that would be great. The only caveat is that my device isn't rooted, I wasn't wanting to root, but fear that this is the kind of issue that might require it.
    Thanks.

============================

Strike that. I've just found this thread and installed "RingGuard". Job done!
    http://androidforums.com/droid-suppo...me-button.html
    08-27-2013 02:04 PM
    Does anyone know of a way of completely disabling the physical volume up/volume down buttons (specifically on an SG Mega 6.3)? I never, ever use them, other than to put the volume backup having accidentally depressed volume down! If there's any kind of app or tweak that will disable them that would be great. The only caveat is that my device isn't rooted, I wasn't wanting to root, but fear that this is the kind of issue that might require it.
    Thanks.

============================

Strike that. I've just found this thread and installed "RingGuard". Job done!
    http://androidforums.com/droid-suppo...me-button.html
    It most likely would be needed. However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is baked into the ROM, which would make that change impossible unless you flashed a custom ROM.
    08-28-2013 12:18 AM