This is embarrassing! But can you help?

Zombied Mann

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I was replacing the broken digitizer glass of htc and managed to do something really silly. At the end of the operation I found a small part lying outside! Yes...I know!

My screen is blank/black which it wasn't earlier even with the broken glass. I have posted 4 images,2 of the part(front and back) and 2 of the inside of the phone.Can someone help me as to where this part should go? The back of the part has a small sticky bit. I am beyond all embarrassment and shamed but still want to save the phone/contacts.Thanks

IMG_6754.JPG IMG_6756.JPG View attachment 78708 IMG_6757.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6753.jpg
    IMG_6753.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 9

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My dad always said extra parts were a bonus. It's only a problem if you didn't have enough parts to put it back together.

Yeah, not much help. What phone is it (sorry....can't recognize phones based on internals)? Is it a One? Maybe we can find a teardown that would help.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to be held responsible for wrecking anything, so take my advice at your own risk.

It looks as if it plugs into the connector in the upper left hand corner of your third picture. The "extra" part has a 10 pin plug and there's an empty 10 pin socket.

It's hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like an antenna to me.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
It think that's right. I did find this pic, which corresponds to your third pic. It's a bit small though but looks like it (notice the square and the two dots on the piece, which looks like yours)
wildfires3[1].jpg

I take no responsibility for you plugging it into the wrong thing...