Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

eddieras

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
first off-thanks for all the great info! i just got my nexus s yesterday and i've been tweaking away.
couple questions-
i have clock/weather widget that shows 'memory free' - is there a target number - or threshold i should pay attention to? eg what's too high for the memory - or too low i guess?

is there an easy way to get shortcuts from one of the five 'screens' to another?

thanks so much for your help!
ed

SoCalSparky

May 13, 2011
Visit site
New here

Hello everyone I am new to this forum and I was trying to get download the one click method files to root my phone but it won't let me until I post something so this is my introduction and I look forward to participating in this discussion.

pofadda

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Life's too short for Linux

...and Androids don't break that dictum! Wanting one of these smartphone thingies, I bought a 1.5 Hero on eBay, upgraded it to 2.1 stock and choked it with apps to the point that Market would not load. Now am trying to:
a. get a calendar app that sees Google Calendar
b. a better camera app than stock
c. a set of utilities that will maximise battery life, link with my Mac and Windows kit and do flawless custom ROM upgrades
d. a fast and flexible shopping list app.

Maybe my posts here will bear fruit and give me more time for Life...

sttngagt

May 14, 2011
Visit site
2 questions.... With msft exchange mail I don't have to worry about my mail being lifted from the server right? Second... Is there no way from within the browser to create bookmarks folders? Thanks. Loving my dinc2!

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
...and Androids don't break that dictum! Wanting one of these smartphone thingies, I bought a 1.5 Hero on eBay, upgraded it to 2.1 stock and choked it with apps to the point that Market would not load. Now am trying to:
a. get a calendar app that sees Google Calendar
b. a better camera app than stock
c. a set of utilities that will maximise battery life, link with my Mac and Windows kit and do flawless custom ROM upgrades
d. a fast and flexible shopping list app.

Maybe my posts here will bear fruit and give me more time for Life...
Going back that far in time is like trying to restore an old car. A generation in phones is about 6 months.

If you buy an old fixer-upper, it will become your life.

And it will never have the horsepower or capabilities of newer models.

Phil Vento

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Search Call Log for a phone number

I want to search for part of a phone number stored in my call log and return a list. I can't figure out how to do so or if this is possible with my LG Optimus S phone. Advice please, greatly appreciated.

hi-tech34

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
How do you set the folders so all your emails will show on your phone? I have tried several different settings but none of them will keep all on the inbox view.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan