Cyanogenmod booting problem.

Erik Marton

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello!
I have been trying to install Cyanogenmod on my Sony Ericcson Xperia Arc S.
I think i may have installed a wrong version of Cyanogenmod cause now i am stuck in a bootloop.
I think i could solve the problem by putting the right version of Cyanogenmod in my SD-card and then installing that instead.
The problem is, since my phone wont boot i cant acess the SD-card from my computer. So how do i get the right version of Cyanogenmod into my SD-card from my compuer if my phone wont launch? I can launch my phone in to recovery mode.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello!
I have been trying to install Cyanogenmod on my Sony Ericcson Xperia Arc S.
I think i may have installed a wrong version of Cyanogenmod cause now i am stuck in a bootloop.
I think i could solve the problem by putting the right version of Cyanogenmod in my SD-card and then installing that instead.
The problem is, since my phone wont boot i cant acess the SD-card from my computer. So how do i get the right version of Cyanogenmod into my SD-card from my compuer if my phone wont launch? I can launch my phone in to recovery mode.
Boot into Recovery and look for the mount sd card/USB (don't remember what option is listed) option, which will allow you to connect the device to a computer so the right files can be moved over. Download the right file and place it on the root of the sd card.

Unmount then try flashing the ROM again. Make sure to wipe data & cache before flashing the ROM and gapps. Let us know if you are able to get the device booted.

Erik Marton

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok thanks. It fixed my problem. Although i got a new one. I installed a new Cyanogen ROM and the screen is spazzing out. It is just moving from side to side like crazy!
I know this is a whole new problem but if you know how to solve it help would be very appreciated.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks. It fixed my problem. Although i got a new one. I installed a new Cyanogen ROM and the screen is spazzing out. It is just moving from side to side like crazy!
I know this is a whole new problem but if you know how to solve it help would be very appreciated.
Try rebooting the phone and see if that helps. Otherwise, take a look at the thread you got the ROM from and see if it's a known bug with the ROM.

I just saw noticed that this Thread is your first post on the forums, Welcome! Have fun and enjoy your time here at Android Central.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87