How to fix system memory low

fishdroid

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just bought a Ramos W31 tablet. I download some few games and it's popping that I don't have enough space in my system memory or it is called external memory. I have a screen shot that indicates my memory which is 1gb internal and 13gb sd card, but according to device manager that my system memory is full. I deleted the games that I download and still the same. How to delete some files and what is the cause of this? And why is my system memory is so low? Sorry just new to android. Thank you in advance.Screenshot_2013-10-07-14-47-20.jpegScreenshot_2013-10-07-14-47-44.jpeg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, take a look at this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=315804

The storage stats that you posted are a little puzzling. From what I can tell, it looks like your total onboard memory is partitioned into Internal Storage with 1GB, and Internal SD with 13 GB. I'm guessing that Internal Storage might actually be Application Storage, but then I don't quite understand what that System drive is in your top post. In your Settings/Storage menu, is that all you see? Is there anything above Internal Storage? Because I wonder if the System drive actually represents the App Storage, in which case it would make sense that you're getting low memory warnings since it's almost full.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just bought a Ramos W31 tablet. I download some few games and it's popping that I don't have enough space in my system memory or it is called external memory. I have a screen shot that indicates my memory which is 1gb internal and 13gb sd card, but according to device manager that my system memory is full. I deleted the games that I download and still the same. How to delete some files and what is the cause of this? And why is my system memory is so low? Sorry just new to android. Thank you in advance.View attachment 84873View attachment 84874

It appears to me this is like the partitioning similar to the galaxy s2. If you have no internal SD card, then this appears to be true. You have 1 GB of storage for apps, that is it. The rest of your memory is set aside for other use.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

allymarieisme

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a LG Lucid. And my system memory is almost completely full. It keeps reminding me, but I just keep deleting pictures and texts until the reminder stops popping up. I've already factory reset my phone once for the same exact reason. One gb is apps and the other seven is system data. I dont know what to do, so if anyone else does... i would really appreciate some feedback that doesn't require me resetting my phone again.

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a LG Lucid. And my system memory is almost completely full. It keeps reminding me, but I just keep deleting pictures and texts until the reminder stops popping up. I've already factory reset my phone once for the same exact reason. One gb is apps and the other seven is system data. I dont know what to do, so if anyone else does... i would really appreciate some feedback that doesn't require me resetting my phone again.

Since your phone only has 8GB of internal space I would suggest getting a 32GB SD card and moving your images etc to the card..

This is also an old phone so I would also suggest you upgrade to a newer phone with at least 16GB and micro SD card capability. Again store your images on the card..

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The lack of memory in a phone is like wanting to know how to get a Model T to do 65mph on an interstate. The older phones were made for smaller apps, and not so many of them. (At one time, we were glad that you could store a few names and phone numbers on the "new" phones.) If you stick to a few of the older apps, an older phone will work fine, but if you want to run a 1GB app in a phone with only 393MB of storage, it's not going to happen.

Colyn, I''d recommend NOT running apps from the SD card. It doesn't save much space, and MANY apps don't work correctly from the card.

@B. Diddy, Post #2. /system is a folder, not a drive. It's where the storage is mounted (Linux stuff) in this phone. (Most Linux devices mount things on /mnt - which is there for mounting things - like SD cards.)

Just2Curious

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
After searching almost whole internet without real useful advise for my "low internal memory" problem... I tried the following with utmost success!
(I freed almost 1.3 GB of memory)

1. Rooted my phone (GalaxyS2 GT-I9100) with "SuperOneClick v2.3.3" (did donate for this application too ... it was just too helpful for me to ignore donation). ALWAYS be carefull when doing rooting. Make a backup, if at all possible, first!
2. Used "MobileGo" to connect to my system-files and -maps which can be accessed only on a rooted phone (probably other tools can help here too though I just stumbled across MobileGo and stuck with it)
3. Went to /data/dalvik-cache/ and deleted all files older than a half year. (freed about 600MB for me)
4 Searched for other unnecessary files and found them in /data/log/ .... had almost 3400 314KB old logfiles there and more garbage from years back.
Deleted them and freed about 1.2GB ....

My phone is now faster than ever and battery life is hugely improved!

Hope this will help you 2 as it did help me :cool:
:D

Last edited:

RacewDonna

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I have Lucid LG2 and have just installed a 64g micro SD card. Now how do I move data, pix, aps...anything from internal memory to the SD card? Help please.

anoopjose176

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
you have 350 mb system memory.in that memory you can install apps and 1 gb internal memory in which you can store other data like photos and videos and you can move some apps to it as well(if they support it)