I want to stop my tablet checking for emails - only options are: notifications & sync?

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I can't find any option to change how often I want the emails checked, which seems strange to me.
If I turn off syc is that stopping it syncing with gmail, or with my other devices.
Another option was "days of mail to sync" which was set at 30 days. When I opened it, it had a list of scrolling numbers that was set at 30. I didn't understand what it was for.
Thanks

Sent from my MID using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you uncheck "Sync Gmail," it will just turn off the sync with your device. This is the best way for you to stop the automatic retrieval of Gmail. You can still manually sync Gmail by swiping down on the Inbox screen.

Posted via Android Central App

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Ta. So then I can sync & check it manually but it won't keep checking and draining battery & credit. Thanks.
I'm gradually doing that with most of my apps that send me notifications. :) :thumbup:

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Was having trouble getting (or not getting!) some emails. I would touch "sync" that's at the top, then emails would come through. But I sent copies of 2 emails I sent to devs via Google play, one came through next time I synced, but the other one didn't even though I synced several times.

So I reticked to sync with gmail, and several came through including mine and at least one other that should have come many days earlier.

Do you think it could be my tablet? Random and inconsistent things like this and tapatalk double messages? Cos its also inconsistent in picking up my sons WiFi for the last week or 2. I have to turn WiFi off then back on before it looks for and finds it (but not always). And I can't find the option to search for available wifi's like my phone has. But it must be switched on cos it often finds it and turns on by itself, even though I've got my phone as the primary WiFi so it sits at the top of the list.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87