Please help! Cleared data in gallery, now pictures in sd card won't show up!

yeahthat1girl

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Lately, I've been having problems with my memory on my Samsung Captivate Glide. I try to open my gallery, and it says "full, delete some items." I went under My Files, Android, Data, and found that com.cooliris.media was taking all of my space and when I kept trying to delete it, it would just fill up again. I looked online for help, people suggested dowloading QuikPic, so I did and told me I should go into Settings, Applications, Manage Apps, and went to Gallery. I "cleared data" because I thought all of my pictures were on my SD card or under DCIM. Now when I try to look at my pictures on my SD card, it says "no file", has a paint pallet by it, and says its size is 0. I have no idea what to do. I still cannot open my gallery, but now I can't access my photos either! I'm really worried I deleted all of them. I don't have my original USB cable or I would have transferred onto my pc. What can I do?

1. How do I get more space on my phone to open my gallery
2. How do I either reverse the "clear data" in the gallery or restore my pictures
3. Why does it say it doesn't exist if I moved it using an app that says it sent it to my sd card?

Please help! I have so many memories on this phone!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The photos are still on the microSD, right? You can always check by unmounting the card (in Settings/Storage), removing it, then inserting it into your computer. This would be a good time to back up those photos as well.

Removing and reinserting the SD might also force the system to rescan the card for media, then repopulate the Gallery.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Your computer doesn't have an SD reader? Most do have them. It's probably a full size SD reader, in which case you just need an adaptor (which looks like a normal full SD card which had a slot that you put the micro SD into). Adaptors are cheap, and most micro SD cards come with one.

If you really have no SD reader, you can get a plugin USB reader for pretty cheap at any electronics store.

Regardless, you should still try unmounting the card, removing it, then reinserting it, to see if the system will rescan for media and repopulate the Gallery.

Posted via Android Central App