tablet next book blue screen

Dew Johnson

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I keep getting a message when battery is low and runs of power. When i try to turn on the tabletI get a blue screen that asks to reboot and a series of requests to update in Various ways. When I reboot it comes on and is glitchy. It turns on in safe mode. When I check out the requests I get a Scary green screen with a lot of writing and symbols I don't understand. Also I can't get the information for the nook that on the tablet, it won't open. Very much. not a skilled user of this new technology stuff. Of age to remember as an adult getting my first computer with no Internet

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you give us the exact model Nextbook that you have?

In general, it's a good idea not to let a device run out of battery too often, because that can damage the battery. This is not saying that what you're experiencing is normal, because it isn't. It sounds like you're booting into a Recovery Menu (which is a way to access certain boot-up functions like wiping the tablet, or installing system updates directly, rather than downloading them from the web), but I can't be sure. Do you think you could take some pictures of those screens and post them to this forum? The easiest way to post images is by using the Android Central website on your computer, rather than on a device.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
When it tells you to plug in the charger (if it never does, it wouldn't be found in my home), it means turn it off and plug in the charger. It's a charger, not an external power supply. It can't supply enough power to run the device (because the connector used, microUSB, isn't designed to handle much power), so all you're doing by plugging the charger in while still using the device is discharging the battery slower.

Charging a fully discharged Lithium Ion battery is dangerous. Fire is one problem, explosion is another. So there's a point at which, logically, at least, a "fuse" blows and disconnects the battery from the world, so you can't charge it and demolish your house.

Running it down as far as you do, eventually you're going to manage to discharge it past the "fuse" point. Then you'll have to have a new battery installed. (It's supposed to shut off before the battery reaches that point, but you never know. The more often you take the chance, the more chance there is that something will work wrong and it'll cost you.

Dew Johnson

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I didn't think of that. Its fully charged now and doing much better. I guess we thought it was OK to use it plugged in. I will be more care full about plugging it in before the battery dies. Thank you.

Dew Johnson

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi, still having problems. The model is android 4.1, (jelly bean) and its says get it on google play on the front of the box..I get a black screen with blue letters with a blue highlighter.[BOX]TPhoto_00034.jpg[/BOX] screen says android system recovery<3e> next line tells you how to move the highlighter. after that it says enter button to select then next line is reboot system now.then apply update from adb. then apply update from ext. after that apply update from cache then its wipe data factory reset.after that its wipe cache partition and wipe media partition.. then it reboots into safe mode. guess I need to check out the android dictionary

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Well that's definitely the Recovery Menu. Try selecting wipe cache partition, and execute it. Once it's done, select reboot system now. Wiping the cache partition can potentially correct strange problems by clearing out old and possibly bad system data. You won't lose any personal data or settings.

Dew Johnson

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
thank you. I didnt know how to do a screen shot, so I just took a picture. Then just a minute ago I took a screen shot and I dont know how I did that. going to read up some more stuff. I will try that next time, now it wont shut down. My ex thought he had emptied the cache but he wasnt sure.

Greg Saunders

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
hey guys i got my nextbook tablet model nx785qc8g-b at walmart yesterday and heres whats wrong i can charge it it will show the charging symobol when i tryto turn it on nothing happens am i doing something wrong it worked this morning then when i unpluged it it shut off please help guys thanks :):):):):):)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So you're saying it only works when plugged in? Does the charging symbol show a full battery? What happens when you press and hold the Power button for about 5-10 seconds?

If you have persistent problems, I would return the tablet to Walmart. It's a bad sign, and you don't want the tablet to fail after the return period is over.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch